Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.12.1 released

We're happy to announce the availability of the new server version 3.0.12.1

This server addresses several crashes users experienced with 3.0.12

This server fixes several crashes and adds the ability to specify a minimum version number for each device type separately. Furthermore when deploying server snapshots it is now possible to get back a list of the new channel ID for each channel in the snapshot.

Please note: The binaries do no longer have the operating system / architecture suffix. If you rely on those in scripts/tools, please adjust the scripts/tools accordingly.
    Minimum OSX version from now on is 10.7
    Minimum FreeBSD version from now on is 10.1

Full Changelog can be found below:
    Code:
    === Server Release 3.0.12.1  jan 2016
     - fix 2 server crashes on malicious input
     - fixed file stat bugs on windows xp
     - fixed logview command returning utf8 byte order mark

=== Server Release 3.0.12 26 Jan 2016
     + added "virtualserver_min_android_version" and "virtualserver_min_ios_version" to specifically
       set the minimal allowed client versions for android and iOS on the server.
     + added "-mapping" to the serversnapshotdeploy command. This optional parameters will add a mapping
       of the old and new channelid's in the return
     + Grouped several SQL queries together into one statement which improves performance
     - fixed clientdbfind command returning false entries
     - fixed some hangs after heavy network IO on Linux/FreeBSD/OSX
     - fixed issue with clientinfo command
     - fixed crash when (automatically) deleting a channel
     - fixed tsdnsserver libc++ issue on Linux
     * The server will now print a warning if the locale is set to "C"
     * Replaced Server query manual PDF file with a HTML version
     * Unsigned variables (client/server/instance etc) now only accept positive values and -1 (synonym
       for maximum value). Other negative values result in conversion error.
     * Serverquery manual fixes
     * Made a small change to the way the server handles the initialization protocol
     ! Removed "virtualserver_max_upload_total_bandwidth" and
       "virtualserver_max_download_total_bandwidth" from the server template if the value was "-1"
     ! The server binaries file names now do NOT have the platform suffixes any more. They are all
       called "ts3server"
     ! The OSX version is now 64 bit only. OSX 10.7 is now the minimum supported version.
     ! Some SQL queries changed or added. If you use custom SQL queries, please take note of this.
     ! The minimum supported FreeBSD version for the server is 10.1 from now on. Release 3.0.13 (next)
       will need a libc++ from ports/pkg or FreeBSD 10.2.
    Last edited by Chris; February 12th, 2016 at 09:02 AM.

My problems with XP have ended.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
    My problems with XP have ended.
    Thanks
    You're really asking for trouble running a server on an operating system that doesn't receive security patches.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew1523 View Post
    You're really asking for trouble running a server on an operating system that doesn't receive security patches.
    Where is this related to our product? Is this topic ar all? No it's not.
    Yes we still support XP (as much we can), we still have a lot users with that OS.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Hello Dear Dev

Question to the (ATHPs): Do someone have experiences after update to 3.0.12.1 some of users complain about can't connect to their instances even through static address IP:PORT not sub-domain address.

Best Regards
    Mateusz

Is there some reason why folder which comes out of tarball is named teamspeak3-server_linux_amd64 instead of regular teamspeak3-server_linux-amd64? I was wondering why my TeamSpeak don't update even I've extracted tarball many times.

They did the opposite change at some point in the beta.

Minimum client version error ?

After updating my teamspeak server (on a debian VM) I receive an error when I try to connect to the server.
    My server says that my client version is too low (already installed the newest client from the homepage).

I configured the minimum client build in Yatqa to 0. Still not working....

3.0.18.2 is the new (hardcoded and can't be lower than this) minimum for pc client and 3.0.16 for mobile clients.
    Are you 200% sure that you use client 3.0.18.2? Check the help dialog for the version number.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Client version is correct

Yep. My Client version is 3.0.18.2. (Qt: 5.5.0).
    As already said "minimum client build" in Yatqa = 0...

@Relgisri
    0 is not a valid value for the server (it will be replaced internal value for 3.0.18.2).

- Please send me your server ip (in a private message) i want to see it on my own.
    - and please show us a screenshot with the serverinfo form the query, where you see the value.

//edited after people jump in conversation with off-topics (posts deleted (re-creating = ban))
    We do not discuss unsupported things here on forum + Do not complain, when you get attacked hacked or whatever.
    Last edited by dante696; February 12th, 2016 at 11:20 AM.

Updated my server and I can connect just fine (latest client on Windows).

Do not rely on YATQA for information, that pulls data from serverquery and may not be correct as it's a 3rd party application, unsupported by Teamspeak.

I tried setting my minimum client version to 0 with both, YaTQA 3.4c and 3.5-rc2, and could still connect.

BTW, the actual minimum desktop version is 1445512488 if 3.0.18.2 is the actual minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    We're happy to announce the availability of the new server version 3.0.12.1

This server addresses several crashes users experienced with 3.0.12

This server fixes several crashes and adds the ability to specify a minimum version number for each device type separately. Furthermore when deploying server snapshots it is now possible to get back a list of the new channel ID for each channel in the snapshot.

Please note: The binaries do no longer have the operating system / architecture suffix. If you rely on those in scripts/tools, please adjust the scripts/tools accordingly.
    Minimum OSX version from now on is 10.7
    Minimum FreeBSD version from now on is 10.1

Full Changelog can be found below:
    Code:
    === Server Release 3.0.12.1  jan 2016
     - fix 2 server crashes on malicious input
     - fixed file stat bugs on windows xp
     - fixed logview command returning utf8 byte order mark

=== Server Release 3.0.12 26 Jan 2016
     + added "virtualserver_min_android_version" and "virtualserver_min_ios_version" to specifically
       set the minimal allowed client versions for android and iOS on the server.
     + added "-mapping" to the serversnapshotdeploy command. This optional parameters will add a mapping
       of the old and new channelid's in the return
     + Grouped several SQL queries together into one statement which improves performance
     - fixed clientdbfind command returning false entries
     - fixed some hangs after heavy network IO on Linux/FreeBSD/OSX
     - fixed issue with clientinfo command
     - fixed crash when (automatically) deleting a channel
     - fixed tsdnsserver libc++ issue on Linux
     * The server will now print a warning if the locale is set to "C"
     * Replaced Server query manual PDF file with a HTML version
     * Unsigned variables (client/server/instance etc) now only accept positive values and -1 (synonym
       for maximum value). Other negative values result in conversion error.
     * Serverquery manual fixes
     * Made a small change to the way the server handles the initialization protocol
     ! Removed "virtualserver_max_upload_total_bandwidth" and
       "virtualserver_max_download_total_bandwidth" from the server template if the value was "-1"
     ! The server binaries file names now do NOT have the platform suffixes any more. They are all
       called "ts3server"
     ! The OSX version is now 64 bit only. OSX 10.7 is now the minimum supported version.
     ! Some SQL queries changed or added. If you use custom SQL queries, please take note of this.
     ! The minimum supported FreeBSD version for the server is 10.1 from now on. Release 3.0.13 (next)
       will need a libc++ from ports/pkg or FreeBSD 10.2.
    Some questions:
    1- We are moving from Teamspeak server version 3.0.11.2 to 3.0.12.1. Can we safely just extract and overwrite the contents of the Teamspeak folder (even though it has been renamed in the new version) and then simply restart the Teamspeak server, not having to worry about any DB changes, etc or the existing servers somehow getting corrupted?
    2- Given that some SQL queries have changed or been added, does this affect ATHPs? Is the previous defaults.sql file (from 2011) for ATHPs still valid, or has it since changed? Can you point me to the latest version? Do we simply overwrite the defaults.sql file in the /sql folder with the file for ATHPs, and then start the Teamspeak server?
    3- Although we know it is not recommended, we have over 200 virtual servers running on a single machine. When we start the Teamspeak server on our current version, we get a warning. Is this still an 'warning' in 3.0.12.1, or is this now an 'error' that doesn't allow you to even start the server unless you get the number of servers down under 200?

Quote Originally Posted by interhead View Post
    Some questions:
    1- We are moving from Teamspeak server version 3.0.11.2 to 3.0.12.1. Can we safely just extract and overwrite the contents of the Teamspeak folder (even though it has been renamed in the new version) and then simply restart the Teamspeak server, not having to worry about any DB changes, etc or the existing servers somehow getting corrupted?
    That should work out, you will have two binaries in the directory though and would have to delete the old one to make sure you're not accidentally starting the old one. As always though, you should have up to date backups of your current installation and database before attempting to update, so you can go back if anything goes wrong. Plus backups never hurt anyone...

2- Given that some SQL queries have changed or been added, does this affect ATHPs? Is the previous defaults.sql file (from 2011) for ATHPs still valid, or has it since changed? Can you point me to the latest version? Do we simply overwrite the defaults.sql file in the /sql folder with the file for ATHPs, and then start the Teamspeak server?
    The defaults.sql is only ever used if there is no database present, so it won't change anything as long as you don't start from scratch. In any case as far as I am aware it's the latest one and should still be fine. Will see if we have plans / the need to update the file next week.

3- Although we know it is not recommended, we have over 200 virtual servers running on a single machine. When we start the Teamspeak server on our current version, we get a warning. Is this still an 'warning' in 3.0.12.1, or is this now an 'error' that doesn't allow you to even start the server unless you get the number of servers down under 200?
    Again, as far as I am aware nothing changed in that regard, so it's most likely still only a warning. Not sure if we ever intended to make it into anything more than a warning.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information