Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Does anyone have any ideas for the bot? Submit them here

Was playing to have a look. How to uninstall?

I have (or so I thought) removed the directory oct/bot but every time people log in they still get a welcome message this is the only service running how to disable it.

Install

Where schould be placed the run.sh script?
    Every time i became eroor that the ./run.sh could not be found

Tnx

Stopping/Restarting the bot

In the instructions, there is nothing about how to stop the bot which is frustrating when you're testing it out and changing settings. I had to manually kill the process. It would be helpful to include something to reload config.ini or restart the bot and the option to fully shut it down.

Killing the process

Quote Originally Posted by kanalumaddela View Post
    In the instructions, there is nothing about how to stop the bot which is frustrating when you're testing it out and changing settings. I had to manually kill the process. It would be helpful to include something to reload config.ini or restart the bot and the option to fully shut it down.
    Could you please talk me through how to kill the process.
    Ta.

Quote Originally Posted by nyxviliana View Post
    Could you please talk me through how to kill the process.
    Ta.
    Replace <user> with the name of user the bot is running under
    Code:
    ps -u <user>
    find the PID which is the number located on the left side column. Then type
    Code:
    kill <PID>
    where PID represents the number of the process. If it doesn't work with that try doing it with sudo.

I finally was able to configure this and access it the web interface which is pretty basic imo. It would be nice to be able to configure settings like the afk mover, support notifier, and banner through it.

ta

Thanks that worked.

In my defence to the next statment its a private VPS for the point of a private TS address no sensitive data so not worried about security.

I ran it under the root user so I had to take an educated guess as to what PID it was out of the list.

Thanks again

Exclamation Java Error

Currently this error shows and spams console when I run the bot, the bot is connected to the server, but lags 20-40 secs on simple commands like !help, !website, and !login

Code:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at net.scrumplex.sprummlbot.GoicqOVehRY68RCP7lXb.qgZSyjGOVNPGbBZt5NUv.qgZSyjGOVNPGbBZt5NUv(Unknown Source)
            at net.scrumplex.sprummlbot.U7BGYfJ3PqmaifNou2pK.handleSuccess(Unknown Source)
            at com.github.theholywaffle.teamspeak3.api.CommandFuture.set(CommandFuture.java:451)
            at com.github.theholywaffle.teamspeak3.TS3ApiAsync$20.handle(TS3ApiAsync.java:1859)
            at com.github.theholywaffle.teamspeak3.SocketReader$2.run(SocketReader.java:154)
            at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Question Questions and ideas

Question

1) Is it possible to translate the bot into another language? including web panel. Tried to just simply edit the English to Danish in the files, but it didn't seem to change anything.

2) I think there might be something wrong with your website. I tried to sign up for an account, but never received E-mail containing the password.

Feature Requests / Ideas

Sorry if i overlooked something, and it turns out that some of these are already possible.

1) Different Server Groups, I.e "Moderator" would only have access to ban people via the web panel for a maximum of how many hours you would write into the CFG. + "Moderators would also only have access to unban people they've banned.

2) option to change it so you can write "!login" in every channel on the teamspeak to receive the login information.

Problems

1) Logins provided by the bot by using !login on teamspeak is not always working.
    Last edited by chris100184; July 6th, 2016 at 10:57 AM. Reason: More problems.

Thread Information