Forum

Restrict Group to add/remove users from groups with less permissions

Hello guys, i want to know, if there was any possibility to create one permission for one group, example ... '' Group ' HOME ' only register group HOME ... and not register other group .... " Group ' CAR ' only register group CAR ... but dont can not register group Home ... one CAR

" CAR " for " CAR "
    " HOME " for " HOME "

Is possible ? Thanks
    Last edited by dante696; February 19th, 2016 at 08:25 AM. Reason: thread renamed to something usefull as "help"

Nope. TS groups have a hierachy determined by their needed_member_add_power. You can only have people add groups with a needed_member_add_power below a certain member_add_powr value.

One Server group able to give 2 other tags but no others.

Okay so basically im looking how to set it soo Support Team Supervisor can only give and remove Support Trainee, Support and Senior Support.

how ever there are other tags above and below these tags which they can not give at all. can you help????
    Last edited by dante696; February 19th, 2016 at 08:23 AM. Reason: merged

You can't restrict this per groups.
    The group with bigger or same i_group_member_add_power / i_group_member_remove_power will always be able to add or remove users from or to the group with same or less i_group_needed_member_add_power / i_group_needed_member_remove_power.

Answered several times on forum.
    Last edited by dante696; March 3rd, 2016 at 12:32 PM. Reason: added perm names
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

whats the permission to give some one a server group?

ok i have a clan and i have officer and i need to make then to be able to promote someone to a different rank and never passing there rank too whats the permission to give some one a server group and how do i edit so if a officer like a 2LT cant promote someone higher then him/her?????????????????? HELP PLEASE
    Last edited by dante696; March 3rd, 2016 at 12:29 PM. Reason: merged

Such permission does not exist.
    Read post #2 or #4.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

How to better control permissions

Hello,

The server I am changing the permissions for is a server dedicated to a FiveM community so we have multiple departments that all have different ranks and roles for them. Essentially I need a way to separate these ranks out to be able to control each other but not others.. Ill try to explain below.

Fire Chief- Needs to be able to assign all other ranks that are in the fire department but I do not want this rank to be able to change the state troopers ranks or even be able to assign those server groups.(Same concept for the state patrol guys, city copy and county cops... update there own members server groups but not assign the other members server groups).

I am familiar with the TeamSpeak permission system and how to change everything but my only issue is that if I make the member add power for the fire chief 40 and as it would happen the police group is 30.. then my fire chief will still be able to change the ranks of the PD guys.

Greatly appreciate any assistance possible here!
    Last edited by dante696; August 23rd, 2019 at 01:16 PM. Reason: merged

Use parent channel groups

This is easy to do. You have to give your departments a parent channel where you create the channel groups for departments e.g. chief. Then you create all the specific department channels under the parent channel and block entering the parent channel. Your e.g. chief would be the only one allowed to enter the parent channel and to move other people from the sub-channels there in order to give them their role.

• fire department channel << you have to give the channel groups in this channel so that the users have them in fire 1 and fire 2 and so on too
      • fire 1
      • fire 2

• police department channel
      • police 1
      • police 2

But one of the groups will still be able to assign the other channel group.
    And he didn't want that one group can assign a group he doesn't belong into.

Quote Originally Posted by D0mm4S View Post
    This is easy to do. You have to give your departments a parent channel where you create the channel groups for departments e.g. chief. Then you create all the specific department channels under the parent channel and block entering the parent channel. Your e.g. chief would be the only one allowed to enter the parent channel and to move other people from the sub-channels there in order to give them their role.

• fire department channel << you have to give the channel groups in this channel so that the users have them in fire 1 and fire 2 and so on too
      • fire 1
      • fire 2

• police department channel
      • police 1
      • police 2
    I can certainly give this a go sir, however my only concern that by doing this with Channel groups rather than server groups I will have issues when these guys leave their specific group of channels. For example if we are all in our master communication room they will not have that tag or icon or permission level in that channel any longer. Am I wrong in assuming that?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    But one of the groups will still be able to assign the other channel group.
    And he didn't want that one group can assign a group he doesn't belong into.
    OMG I totally ignored that. Then this would be the closest solution for his problem. Or for a fraction of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mwilliams View Post
    I can certainly give this a go sir, however my only concern that by doing this with Channel groups rather than server groups I will have issues when these guys leave their specific group of channels. For example if we are all in our master communication room they will not have that tag or icon or permission level in that channel any longer. Am I wrong in assuming that?
    That is right. Only in the channels. But you could create a server group with the icon only.

Quote Originally Posted by Mwilliams View Post
    That is right. Only in the channels. But you could create a server group with the icon only.

Thread Information