Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

TS3 server bypass firewall rules ?

why da hell teamspeak bypass firewall rules ? when I try to block an IP through the firewall, it is still able to connect to teamspeak ?

TS don't even know anything about your firewall rules to begin with.
    Much less it can alter them, as you would need to run it as root user, which you should never do.

so teamspeak dont follow firewall rules or what do you mean ?

TeamSpeak don't know about them, at all.
    If it don't know about them, it isn't its job to following them.
    Your system should follow your firewall rules. And it do follow them. It isn't your problem.
    Your problem is that your system only does what you told it to do, not what you wanted it to do.
    Or, in other words, it works exactly as you made it work. If it isn't anything you wanted, you made a mistake in your setup, and you should correct it.
    Either way, this is not a discussion for TeamSpeak forum. Poking moderators to move this into offtopic.

Also check what type of rules you have created in your firewall - Teamspeak uses UDP, not TCP.

Quote Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    TeamSpeak don't know about them, at all.
    If it don't know about them, it isn't its job to following them.
    Your system should follow your firewall rules. And it do follow them. It isn't your problem.
    Your problem is that your system only does what you told it to do, not what you wanted it to do.
    Or, in other words, it works exactly as you made it work. If it isn't anything you wanted, you made a mistake in your setup, and you should correct it.
    Either way, this is not a discussion for TeamSpeak forum. Poking moderators to move this into offtopic.
    I think you didnt understand what I was saying, I said I tried blocking all connections (tcp and udp) from a specific ip adress, and it could not connect to my server (had a gaming server and a website on it) nor even ping it using ping cmd in the command prompt, but strangely it can still connect to the teamspeak server ... ?

For the third and last time: This is not a TS3 question.
    Go to your OS forum and ask there.
    TS3 can't know about your firewall rules, it has no access to them, and can't influence them in any way.

If your firewall isn't blocking what you think it should block, then the blocking rules are not correctly defined. We might be able to help, if you post your current firewall configuration that exhibits the problem. For Linux, post the output of "iptables -nvL". For Windows, I cannot help.

Could it be, that the filewall rule is old and does use check for the old binary name?
    The server binary name was changed in server 3.0.12 and maybe your old rule checks for the old name.

The new name on all operation systems is ts3server (Windows has the file ending .exe added)
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Who on earth using binary names in firewall rules?

Quote Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    Who on earth using binary names in firewall rules?…
    Every Windows user or server does by default and the user did not mention his OS once here.

You need to calm in my opinion. You about to rage in nearly every post of yours!
    So keep calm and chill. You answered his question more than once already and you tried your best to explain why this has nothing to do with the server itself.
    This does not need get explained (repeated) any further.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information