Forum

File Transfer errors ...

So i have moved to a self hosted NPL setup as we were running out of slots on our previous setup.

i have installed and got TS3 running like a charm as for the voice and query sections go. no issues here..

my issues are that noone can upload avatars/icons to the server. We keep getting:
    Transfer "avatar" reports: (could not open file transfer connection)
    Transfer "icon_1455935447" reports: (could not open file transfer connection)

So here is my setup:
    The server is located on a Windows 2008 Server Box located at a friends shop, he has a static IP to his router and then the typical 192.168.x.x setup internally

i can see the port open on http://canyouseeme.org so i know the port is open and Wireshark confirms that data is coming and going during the port check.

When i am connected to the server i open the client log after a failed attempt at uploading something and i noticed this ..
    2/22/2016 06:38:37 FileTransfer Error Failed to open filetransfer tcp connection to 192.168.0.5:30033

I believe the issue is that the client is trying to connect to a local IP instead of the external ip of the server .. so i tried adding the external IP to the NIC on the 2k8 server box and then changed the IP for voice,query, and file and lost all connections to it.. so i went back and used the internal ips instead. Is there a way to tell the client to use the external IP for the server? Or am i setting this up all wrong.

NOTE there is an Untangled Firewall active and is the only firewall being used.

here is my ts3server.ini
    Code:
    machine_id=
    default_voice_port=10011
    voice_ip=192.168.0.5
    licensepath=
    filetransfer_port=30033
    filetransfer_ip=192.168.0.5
    query_port=10010
    query_ip=192.168.0.5
    query_ip_whitelist=query_ip_whitelist.txt
    query_ip_blacklist=query_ip_blacklist.txt
    dbplugin=ts3db_sqlite3
    dbpluginparameter=
    dbsqlpath=sql/
    dbsqlcreatepath=create_sqlite/
    dbconnections=10
    logpath=logs
    logquerycommands=0
    dbclientkeepdays=30
    logappend=0
    query_skipbruteforcecheck=0

Remove the Ip binding in the config file. That will make the server listen on all interfaces and should work in a NAT environment. If there is another interface that has the external ip bound to it, use the external ip in the config file.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Remove the Ip binding in the config file. That will make the server listen on all interfaces and should work in a NAT environment. If there is another interface that has the external ip bound to it, use the external ip in the config file.
    You are awesome!! worked like a charm!

Thread Information