Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Connection issues since upgrading to 3.0.12.2

We are an ATHP and have upgraded all of our servers from 3.0.11.x to 3.0.12.2. Having done the upgrade last weekend, we have since been advised of connection issues.

The issue that occurs is that, after some time (the time period varies greatly), users are suddenly unable to connect to the Teamspeak server, receiving a "Failed to connect to server" error in the Teamspeak client when trying to connect. In order to resolve the issue, the server owner needs to do a 'restart' of the Teamspeak server (through our control panel, TCAdmin), after which people are immediately able to connect again.

The main server log, as well as the actual virtual server log, do not show any errors that indicate any problems. The only entry in the virtual server log is the normal entry shown after the server is restarted.

What could cause this issue? This did not occur on 3.0.11.x, and rebooting the physical server did not help resolve this.

Which OS do you use?
    Are you firewall rules updated for the new binary too?
    Do user also have problems, when they use the server IP + Port directly then?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Which OS do you use?
    Are you firewall rules updated for the new binary too?
    Do user also have problems, when they use the server IP + Port directly then?

I renamed the Teamspeak folder to the old one, so the binary shouldn't have changed -- so firewall rules shouldn't need to be modified

Yes, they have problems not just with hostname : port but with ip : port also

Where can I start looking?
    Last edited by tshost; February 23rd, 2016 at 11:35 PM.

Hi,

I'm having exact same problems...

Debian 6.0.10 LTS
    Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Sat Sep 19 22:03:27 UTC 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux

|TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.12.2 (2016-02-15 14:51:38)
    |SystemInformation: Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Sat Sep 19 22:03:27 UTC 2015 x86_64 Binary: 64bit
    |max virtualservers: 10
    |max slots : 512

I'm having no errors what so ever but only some ppl can connect to server at this monent.

I made a rollback to older version so now I need to see if it works better or not...
    Version: 3.0.11.4 [Build: 18.08.2015 16:30:34]

I'd like to refer to a similar problem I've had before: http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...ew-connections

I did not encounter this issues after the software upgrade (probably because there has not been ddos to my server), however maybe this hasn't been fixed by the recent server software updates.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi1990 View Post
    I'd like to refer to a similar problem I've had before: http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...ew-connections

I did not encounter this issues after the software upgrade (probably because there has not been ddos to my server), however maybe this hasn't been fixed by the recent server software updates.
    Thank you for providing this info!

@ Teamspeak: Can you please respond and advise if this is possibly the issue, and how to resolve in 3.0.12.2?

Thread Information