Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

empty result set error when trying to remove users from a specific server group

When I try to remove users from a specific group on my TS3 server, I receive an "empty result set" error and the user remains in the group. I haven't manually made any edits to the database or otherwise been mucking around with things that I can think of.

After running the database integrity check, I receive messages indicating no inconsistencies have been found, with the two tables being the only ones with warnings:

Table => perm_server_group
    No inconsistency in this table.
    Be careful, the server group id [ X ] doesn't have i_group_auto_update permission !

Table => perm_channel_groups
    No inconsistency in this table.
    Be careful, the channel group id [ XX ] doesn't have i_group_auto_update permission !

In both cases, none of the group IDs listed in the errors match the group ID of the server group I can't remove users from, so I'm skeptical if those errors are the cause of my issue, but open to any valid ideas still. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Server Info
    Version 3.0.1 on Linux
    Server OS is Debian 6
    Database type is SQLite
    I have root SSH access to the server and TS3 ServerQuery administrative access.
    Last edited by dephekt; April 15th, 2012 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Added no inconsistency msg on db integrity check output

Answered here: http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...pty+result+set

There is a problem with your database.

So this isn't exactly answered here, but the gist of what I got out of that post is that I need to download a copy of my TS3 SQLite DB and edit it, looking for the clients table, and seeing if the user(s) I'm trying to remove exist in that table. Is that accurate? Because the DB integrity checker didn't find integrity problems, which I assumed it would if this was a database issue.

Edit:

I downloaded my SQLite DB to my local PC and opened it with SQLite Manager in Firefox. I checked the clients table and the person I'm trying to remove exists in the table and all of the fields for the user's row are filled in, except client_lastip, client_logon_name, and client_login_password, which no users appear to have.

I also checked the groups_server table but all of the groups look pretty much the same with a few small exceptions where they should be expected.

Where else should I be looking in the database for issues or what additional info can I provide that will help?
    Last edited by dephekt; April 16th, 2012 at 08:29 AM.

Just a note for safety; make sure to edit a copy of your database rather than the version currently running on the server. SQL databases are easy to mess up if you don't know what you're doing (and sometimes even if you do).

I am not familiar with the teamspeak 3 database at the moment as I have never really needed to mess with it. I will take a look this afternoon and try to familiarize myself.

Thanks for the sound advice. I did copy the database via sftp from my TS3 server to my home PC when working on it with SQLite Manager. I look forward to any help you can provide later

Table group_server_to_client appears to contain group assignments to all clients. Worst case you should just be able to remove them here. Finding the correct entry should be pretty simple. I'm sure someone on the support team has a better official answer though.

I unfortunately have still been unsuccessful in coming up with a solution on my own thus far (besides completely redoing my groups from scratch). I do however have some additional information that may help someone help me. It seems like only some users in the group are unable to be removed and some can be removed (perhaps people that were added before an update are the only ones negatively impacted).

If you want I can look at your database. PM me for me email if interested.
    Last edited by pillbox1234567; April 19th, 2012 at 06:19 PM. Reason: removed quote

I've got the same problem. I can't remove certain users from a server group and therefore I cant delete the entire group.

Fix <--

Go to the Group drop down in the Group and remove the permission for the group to be permanent. It will remove all offline users from the group which will make you able to delete it.

This isn't recommended if you don't want to lose the group though.

Thread Information