Forum

Problem with banner SQLite

Hello,

For a couple of weeks I noticed my banner on my Teamspeak 3 server suddenly disappeared. I tried clearing my cache on my Teamspeak client but that did not work unfortunately, After asking several users on my server I concluded that this was a server sided issue and not client sided. I created a virtual machine with the newest Teamspeak 3 server version and tried to set the banner there, everything working perfect. I attempted to copy over my 'ts3server.sqlitedb' from my original server to my virtual machine without changing any other files and using tesame Banner Gfx URL, Gfx Interval, Resize settings but no banner showing.

I expect something is wrong with my SQLite database, but kind of clueless right now as I don't have much experience with these type of databases. I have about 100 active users, 130 channels, .. so starting from a scratch database is no option for me.

Would appreciate any help or tips.

"Banner does not work" is definitly not enough to help you here.

Check your client logs or give us an exmaple.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Since the banner is just a http link provided to the client by the Teamspeak server, and the actual banner image (jpg) is served by some web server, the issue is most certainly not Teamspeak-server related but webserver-related.
    You should look in the logs of the webserver that is providing the banner. Look what url is requested and how the webserver responds.

In case you don't know the data flow:

1. You configure the banner url at "Banner Gfx URL" in the Teamspeak server configuration.
    2. The url is sent verbatim by the Teamspeak server to the Teamspeak Client.
    3. The Teamspeak client requests the given url from the webserver that is designated in the url.
    4. The webserver responds to the client request and sends the banner jpg to the Teamspeak client.
    5. The Teamspeak client displays the banner jpg it just got from the webserver.

It's true if the banner was send via HTTP/HTTPS/FTP.

But ts3image could be used too and this will changes a lot (path and permissions and filetransfer etc).
    This is why i asked for log and an example. Maybe the file or channel id does not exist on this server or filetransfer is disabled.

I just don't want to guess the problem if no exmaple or log is given.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Well, after trying few more attempts I found what's causing the issue. I have a Gametracker account that generates a Teamspeak banner, as soon as I set the Gametracker banner on my Teamspeak server the cache from my Teamspeak client goes wrong.

Solution: Reinstalling Teamspeak client and not setting the Gametracker banner again.

Now I wonder how is this possible? There must be some kind of logic behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchant View Post
    Now I wonder how is this possible? There must be some kind of logic behind this.
    Your lack of any example does not help us to help you!

Thread Information