Forum

Server side enforcing or setting of certain server-wide attributes

Since we're working on a full teamspeak-steam integration for our gamecommunity (using python and php) and we want to be able to change some attributes (or at least have some more control over it), I have a couple of questions for things that we are hacking into it, but it would be way better if there was support for it directly from the server:

• Replacing a teamspeak user's avatar with the avatar from their Steam profile (right now, we replace the image on disk of the teamspeak server, which is also quite hacky)
    • Prevent a teamspeak user from changing the nickname/username they registered with on our site (right now, the user gets banned with their new name if they don't have the name they registered with, which is quite harsh.. I would much prevent them from changing their nickname at all)
    • Add an additional value to a channel (for example, the Steam game-id) without it showing up on the frontend (right now, we've added this column, but that's kinda hacky)

I with these things were possible so we didn't have to look for a different solution than Teamspeak, because I'm quite fond of the soundquality and other options within Teamspeak like Discord

Quote Originally Posted by cappie
    • Replacing a teamspeak user's avatar with the avatar from their Steam profile (right now, we replace the image on disk of the teamspeak server, which is also quite hacky)
    • Prevent a teamspeak user from changing the nickname/username they registered with on our site (right now, the user gets banned with their new name if they don't have the name they registered with, which is quite harsh.. I would much prevent them from changing their nickname at all)
    • Add an additional value to a channel (for example, the Steam game-id) without it showing up on the frontend (right now, we've added this column, but that's kinda hacky)
    1. Avatars are client-side, each user with the permission to set one can choose which one to use, there is no enforcing.
    (Besides altering files or the db manually isnt supported me guess)

2. This was already discussed often, but a client may change his name as he please. There is no restriction, except using the ban-function for forbidden names and characters.

3. Use custom fields for this. Add permissions "b_virtualserver_custom_search" and "b_client_custom_info_view" to those users/groups who should see them. Again tampering with the database manually isnt supported.

If you think another voice software has the functionality you want - feel free to use it.
    Thanks.

You are going a way with your server and users that we don't want in our product.
    We don't want to force users to use one nickname or avatar only.

Following isn't meant to insult anyone.
    The whole thing sounds like you are the prison chief and your inmates must follow hard rules or get punished
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information