Forum

Running server as backup? "is running elsewhere, shutting down!"

I've migrated from Windows to Linux, but I'd like to keep the old Windows server online as a backup. I've copied .dat files, files, logs, database .dll files. Everything is fine on the linux server except it keeps shutting down every so often with:

Code:
    virtual server id 1 is running elsewhere, shutting down!
    How do I change the old Windows server ID so that they can co-exist with similar databases (granted the Windows one will fall out of date, but I'd rather than then start fresh).

This is not allowed! We do not allow to run copies of virtual servers.
    Shut down 1 server and then start your copy.

You can't and you are not allowed to run server copies! You agreed this when you requested the license.
    If you have no active license -> It's forbidden to run a second server isntance anywhere. So your second server instance is forbidden too.

Does not matter if you want to do it and why you want to do it. It's forbidden!
    Last edited by dante696; March 2nd, 2016 at 10:29 AM. Reason: added quote
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

What is the recommended process for making a similar setup elsewhere then? Just copying the database? Where is this license business stored so I can avoid moving across that file if it's such a problem. Why such friction for a free application? I'm not looking to do anything malicious here...

Quote Originally Posted by alexcroox View Post
    What is the recommended process for making a similar setup elsewhere then?
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Shut down 1 server and then start your copy.
    I answered that already.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Yes but I want to keep them both online, with all my channels the same and all the old groups for people the same to avoid resetting it back up. It will be used as a backup server incase the other one goes offline. For this to happen I've moved all the files recommended across, but that caused this clash. I'm asking how to transfer the groups and channel settings without running into these DRM issues.

You can't and you are not allowed to run server copies! You agreed this when you requested the license.
    If you have no active license -> It's forbidden to run a second server isntance anywhere. So your second server instance is forbidden too.

Does not matter if you want to do it and why you want to do it. It's forbidden!
    Use backups of your DB, when server 1 isn't running. There is no other valid way. I will not discuss ths any further

Thread Information