Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Channel View Description power is bugged

Well, for some reason, all my channels that i created have channel view desc. power 0 (default) but when i click into them "No permissions to view the description of channel X" pops up... Fun part is that when i edit the view desc power to smth like 10 and then back to 0 i can now view the description without issues..

Any idea on how to fix this? i dont wanna go throught every channel editing it..

I Don't believe that this is bugged, i belive you do not have enough power to see it for target channel.
    Please show a permission overview (do a right click on yourself -> Permissions) while you are in such channel where you can not view the description.

So
    1. Join the chnanel where you can not see the description
    2. Do a right click on yourself -> permissions -> permissions overview
    3. Export as Text
    4. upload the txt or put it in bbcode [ code]
    Last edited by dante696; March 2nd, 2016 at 08:08 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Just created a channel and joined it for the purpose, heres the perm overview:

Text was too large, so i placed it on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/y2xvcgi5
    Error view:
    http://i.imgur.com/0o601Qr.jpg

EDIT: I was playing arround and made a new identity and joined the server, and found to my surprise that i didnt have the issue of the channel view description power.. May have something to do with the first identity was the one wich i used the unique key to configure the server on?
    Last edited by HyPeX; March 3rd, 2016 at 01:25 AM.

Please set Grant back to 75 in your groups And remove Query related permissions
    We do not give support, when user give themself QueryAdmin permissions

The fastest way is to use the command servergroupcopy or permreset in your ServerQuery with login serveradmin.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Please set Grant back to 75 in your groups And remove Query related permissions
    We do not give support, when user give themself QueryAdmin permissions

The fastest way is to use the command servergroupcopy or permreset in your ServerQuery with login serveradmin.
    Could you explain? i didnt set them manually, i only used the unique-key, and if i did, i probably didnt know what i was doing in that moment.

I tried removing all the serverquery from my group i found, but i still get the issue. Also to simplify it, i removed all my copy-paste groups that were just a copy of the main one to shorten things.

Perms:
    http://pastebin.com/2sNGg9kj

Quote Originally Posted by HyPeX View Post
    Could you explain? i didnt set them manually, i only used the unique-key, and if i did, i probably didnt know what i was doing in that moment.
    Whoever owns the Server messed up the permissions, if you did not change any.

You did not even remove the half of permissions and Grants.
    The permission system on your server is messed up. No Server Group has more than 75 in Grant and no Server Group has QueryPermissions!

Please remove Needed Channel Description View Power from your client permissions. To get rid of that permissin in every channel.
    This permission belongs to channels only and not into a server group or as a client permission.

Whoever owns the Server messed up the permissions, if you did not change any.

You did not even remove the half of permissions and Grants.
    The permission system on your server is messed up. No Server Group has more than 75 in Grant and no Server Group has QueryPermissions!

Please remove Needed Channel Description View Power from your client permissions. To get rid of that permissin in every channel.
    This permission belongs to channels only and not into a server group or as a client permission.
    i actually set it up from zero and did everything... needless to say i didnt know what i was doing much.. i edited some parts to give 100 to the owner gorup itself, i'll check on the needed channel desc view power.
    By the way, this issue only seemed to apply to my client alone, the new identity i used was given powers and didnt have any issue (Neither it did without them).

Is there a way to reset my client permissions alone?

I just answered to the problem already.
    Quote Originally Posted by HyPeX View Post
    By the way, this issue only seemed to apply to my client alone, the new identity i used was given powers and didnt have any issue (Neither it did without them).
    Is there a way to reset my client permissions alone?
    Open your client permisisons (permissions dialog before you ask) and then delete all assigned permissions.

Thread Information