Forum

TS3 playback issue

Hi..
    I am having an issue with TS3 which.. is.. a bit complicated so i will explain my setup first

To start with i will say already that i have my Audio drivers updated to the newest version already
    also i have the latest TS3 installed 3.0.18.2 QT 5.5.0

Alright.. im running a MSI GT72 2QE laptop over my stereo via SPDIF optical cable (stereo is too old to have HDMI)
    This setup gives excellent sound and the ability to run digital sound directly into the amp (DTS & Dolby Digital)

When running normally windows sends the output via SPDIF as PCM
    however when running DTS or Dolby Digital the SPDIF format can only transmit that single signal compressed which means any PCM sounds are disabled (ie. nothing else but the movie can transmit sound) which is the way it is supposed to be when limited to optical Toslink

When i then close the movie windows automaticly switches back from the digital format to PCM and voila.. firefox.. winamp.. windows.. everything is able to transmit sound again... EXCEPT.. TS3

for some reason TS3 has some sort of problem when going back to PCM and wont play audio.. i have found a simple though annoying solution which is to change "playback mode" under playback from "Direct Sound" to "Windows Audio Session" then apply.. then change back from "Windows Audio Session" to "Direct Sound" then TS3 has its sound back... but still its a bit annoying having to do this every time i have opened a movie (since i upscale all movies audio to 5.1 DTS)

So if either the developers could look into what is causing the inability to resume proper playback along with the rest of windows when going back to PCM or any helpfull tweaks that could cause it to automaticly work properly again

In advance thnx for any assistance

One difference to the other mentioned software is -> We search and use default communication device, when "Default" is selected as your device in TeamSpeak.
    Maybe it helps, when you select the soundcard / device directly instead of using "Default".

What does your client log say, when you switch back to PCM?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Have tried both letting it stay at default and forcing the playback device to use "Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)" which is the SPDIF.. makes no difference.. only changing the playback mode back and forth

and the log says

02/03/2016 14:48:38 Direct Sound Error ERROR (-203 -2005401450): Buffer memory has been lost, and must be restored

Does that also happen, when you use Windows Audio Session in your profile?
    ---> I forgot to ask that before.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Yes.. it doesnt matter if i use audio session or direct sound before i play DTS i still have to switch back and forth to get the sound working again

While not automatically, in the meantime until this gets solved I think you should be able to ease the pain by using hotkeys (advanced) to toggle between two playback audio profiles back and forth between DirectSound and Wasapi which should effectively result in the same reset you're currently doing (assuming you didn't do that already).

Nope didnt consider you could actually create a second profile to hotkey over to.. great idea will definately make it less annoying..
    Ofcourse im hoping the devs might find out why TS3 doesnt resume playback properly by itself when all other programs and windows do so and fix it in an eventual patch..
    but till then this is a great solution.. thank you very much

I will forward this to the developers and put this thread under evaluation.

We will report back, when we can tell you more.
    Last edited by dante696; May 17th, 2016 at 04:07 PM.

Thread Information