Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Please add back GTK+ style

As someone who uses Linux and themes my system to my style, TeamSpeak 3 sticks out like an eye sore. The big problem is that despite TS3 using Qt, it barely was themed when I was on KDE. Now that my whole system is based on a GTK theme, TS3 sticks out even more. Despite that I have Qt applications set to use a GTK+ theme (and they intergrate fine), TS3 does not. So I please ask that you bring back the GTK+ style you had back a couple releases ago, because ever since you've removed it, TeamSpeak has looked awful on Linux.

It's not possible for us to add this style.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    Up to version 3.0.13 with Qt4 there was gtkstyle support in the client on linux. Can you please deliver the Qt5 libraries with gtkstyle?
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    This information is for all users with the same question.
    We can not deliver this Style with QT5 as long support for older operation systems (Ubuntu 8, current CentOS etc) is given.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Question

It's not possible for us to add this style.
    It's strange because I looked into this possiblity with Qt5 based applications, and according the Arch Wiki (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...ons#Qt5_styles) you can make Qt5 apps use your GTK theme via "-style gtk"

I tried this on a Qt5 based application (one that is actually the same Qt5 version TS3 is using) and it intergrated decently into my system. TS3 on the other hand still sticks out! Why is this? Image for proof:

http://bloodbathsoftworks.com/xylemo...2072014001.png

.... Already said, we can not add this as long we support old operation systems.
    Did not say that it is not supported in QT.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

.... Already said, we can not add this as long we support old operation systems.
    Did not say that it is not supported in QT.
    You need to clarify how this would affect older distros, because it doesn't make any sense that a Qt5 application would work just fine on these supposed older distros you want to support but somehow a standard feature of Qt5 doesn't work on older systems?

Bump

I agree teamspeak looks like an eyesore when using gtk DE. Can you please add this?

Thread Information