Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Original Audio quality for Recording and Capture Testing (Client Suggestion)

When I record a channel, it seems that everyone gets recorded at the channels quality, as you would expect, except the myself (the person doing the recording). It seems to default to something really bad, like speex or something. Can't you just have it record the recorder talking at the same quality as everyone else in the channel? Just have to do whatever codec the channel is at or something.

Same thing for Capture testing (Begin Test button on the capture tab of the settings page)... it should not be using Speex or something, instead it should just be the highest quality (Opus Music at max), or just mimic whatever channel you're in. It would even be easier to tell the difference between having the options on or off if the signal was cleaner to start with.

Obviously a low priority suggestion, but whatever, I think they would be quite nice.

Thanks for reading!

I don't know which audio settings are used (when you record / use local test mode), but for me it does not sound like Speex.
    I had the informations, but 6/7 years have passed and i never needed them again.
    Need to talk with a Developer about that.

Using a lower codec/audio quality for recordings seems not be usefull in my opionion.
    Last edited by dante696; June 17th, 2016 at 10:25 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

You were right.
    Speex with Quality 10 is still in use for local testing.

We will change this future:
    The client will use Opus with Quality 7 (or maybe higher) as default and we will build an option to use current settings from channel in local test mode.
    Maybe the current channel settings will always be used and Opus Quality 7 when you are not connected or muted or in a channel with that setup.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Thank you so much, cant wait for that feature. I gues especially for Podcast recording this correction will do wonders. Is there any ETA :-)?

Stable client 3.1 (or current 3.1 beta 2) does and will always use Opus Voice with a quality of 10 in the local test mode.
    Changing it manually or using the current channel coded will not be added into this version.

Thread Information