Forum

A User knows my Email/pw/real name/video game account etc.

so i was on a teamspeak server. and this one person got my info. it ranged from my emails(which all but one were correct) passwords(again they were all old passwords but still) real name, and my league of legends account information such as login and pw(was a smurf(substitute account) so didnt really care about it) and i wanted to know from a hackers point of view if any are willing to be open about it.

how hard do you think someone was able to get all my stuff in a matter of maybe less than an hour. keep in mind the person wasn't a server admin at all so i think thats the only way to get someones ip. never clicked on any links so nothing is downloaded, i have a good virus protector,firewall protections so its not like i got literally hacked. but how do you think the person was able to get someones information like this. this is the second time ive seen it happen, once to some other stranger on the server and once to me now.

i didnt even talk to him, ocne i saw that he changed his name to my real name i just blocked him. knowing how he got my stuff was another buddy in the server was sending me stuff that he said. of course most of the stuff he got was legit since it was past info but i think he was holding back from sending all my real stuff. maybe just trying to scare me but its still weird how he got everything like that and i want to be able to understand to hope this doesnt happen to me in a later time.

so if you can please help out in just helping me understand how someone might have been able to get all that stuff. the way i see it was he probably was some kind of admin before and gave himself powers and unmodded himself while still having them. of course having a word wit the real server admin might be a solution to check his permissions and see if something is faulty inside. but thats my own guess.

- Permissions on a server can not do what this person did (he can see your IP, when permissiosn are enabled for this).
    - Antivirus programs can not find everything (see topic Locky) and Every windows user can become a target :/
    - The only related thing to TeamSpeak could've happen in older & outdated clients. User could us an exploit to install a virus.

To get all these informations the person knows you or you have a virus spybot etc installed on your system.
    Or you did register in any server which is provided for that person.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

so the person might just be in my computer right now seeing what im doing? any possible way i can do a scan for that specific stuff? ive never encountered this problem before and its pretty worrisome.

any chance he could have doxed me with any public domains i was signed up to. i mean the only thing he probably could have known was my league account and possible teamspeak name but those didnt really match up with eachother. the password thing im guessing was some kind of exploit through some website. but thats assumptions still.
    Last edited by dante696; March 4th, 2016 at 07:23 AM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by leonelfreak View Post
    so the person might just be in my computer right now seeing what im doing?
    Maybe, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by leonelfreak View Post
    any possible way i can do a scan for that specific stuff? ive never encountered this problem before and its pretty worrisome.
    You should change your passwords from another computer and search for antivirus tools or re-do your windows etc.
    Please use Google for this. This is to off-topic for this forum.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information