Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Deleting a file isn't logged anymore

I guess it isn't intended that it isn't logged anymore when files are deleted?
    Please add the deletion of uploads back to the server log!

Regards, Drumsticks
    Last edited by dante696; March 8th, 2016 at 08:39 AM. Reason: moved to bug section

Thank you for that hint!

I wonder why this is broken, nothing was touched there afaik.
    //it's broken since 3.0.12 -> ft system was touched here

Edit
    The bug will be fixed in server 3.1.4
    Last edited by dante696; May 7th, 2018 at 09:43 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Also can you do extra thing ( or as optional) when the files are deleted move them to a trash / tmp folder which can be deleted permanently later through ftp

Re Off-topic.
    It's not meant to get in touch with the files in your operation system.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

I bump this as it still isn't fixed more than 6 months later.

This is a minor but yet annoying bug that could be fixed in less than an hour by adding a simple logging command into the delete file from server method, so I don't really understand why this wasn't fixed as soon as possible and isn't fixed yet (several versions later).

This bug makes it really hard to comprehend what happend to files on your server: If, when and by whom files were deleted are information that I would call quite crucial!

I bumped the ticket for the developer. I don't know why this bug wasn't fixed yet.
    You are right this bug annyoing and should not take long to fix it.

Since my last post two little patches have been deployed. This little fix could have been included in one of them.

Bump

The ticket was bumped from me and the developers decided to add this fix to version 3.0.14
    All updates for server 3.0.13 only include compatibly updates for client 3.1/IPv6 and hotfixes.

Okay, thanks for the fast reply.

Exclamation Deletion of files and folders inside File Browser is not logged

In the server version 3.0.13.6 the following actions are logged:

• file upload
    • file rename/moved
    • file directory (...) created

So everything is logged expected the deletion of files and folder. In my opinion is the creation of a new directory less important than the deletion of any file or folder.

Consequently the logging should be extended to also track the deletion of files and folder.

Greetings, FireEmerald

Edit: >1 year on "ToDo"-List... seriously?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by FireEmerald; May 8th, 2017 at 03:08 PM. Reason: added edit after merge

Question File deletes with the file browser wont show up in the server log.

I must be doing something wrong here because it worked a couple of years back.

Yes, I am using teamspeak 3 server since the beginning of TS3 and before that I used long time TS2 (which was an outstanding product!)

Running latest version 3.0.13.8 on Linux. Everything else works.

If I create files or directories with the file browser (created a test folder BLUB and test picture christmas.jpg) it shows up in the server log:

Code:
    2017-12-21 10:03:10.336142|INFO    |VirtualServerBase|***  |file directory 'files/virtualserver_4/channel_174/shares/BLUB' created by client '***'(id:***) in (id:***)
    2017-12-21 10:03:39.304878|INFO    |VirtualServerBase|***  |file upload to (id:***), '/shares/BLUB/christmas.jpg' by client '***'(id:***)
    // used *** for privacy.

After christmas.jpg file deletion nothing shows up in the server log. Same for the BLUB directory deletion.

Just started to share again some files with some friends after a long time, so I have no clue since how long this is not working.

Though going back through the server logs I have found an entry from 2015 the last notation of a file deletion by a client:

Code:
    ts3server_2015-02-13__19_57_49.687976_4.log:2015-06-03 08:30:13.215184|INFO    |VirtualServer |  ***| file deleted from (id:***), 'files/virtualserver_4/channel_105//WoT mod pack/9.8/QuickyBaby ModPack 9.8.zip' by client '***'(id:***)
    So file creation and directory creation shows up in the server log, but not file deletion and directory deletion.

Greets to all devs of the old and new Teamspeak team.
    Last edited by dante696; December 21st, 2017 at 01:06 PM. Reason: merged

This bug is not fixed in Release 3.1.0 (at least not for the linux server and probably neither for one of the others).

Honestly, I am really pissed right now, because this trivial but annoying bug still exists. dante696 wrote before that a fix for it would be included in the next major release (which was version 3.0.14 and now is 3.1.0 as you switched the versioning scheme) and I remained patient for over a year while waiting for you to get rid of this bug.

However nearly 2 years have passed since my initial bug report and it still isn't fixed.
    For other projects I would simply submit a pull request to fix it, but well, that's not happening with closed source.

Upcoming server 3.2 will fix this bug.
    Folder/File deletion will be logged again when logging for file transfer is enabled on server.
    Last edited by dante696; May 7th, 2018 at 11:22 AM. Reason: updated server version

Thread Information