Forum

Trying to use TS 3.03.2 Unity Package ExampleScene "could not reach server"

I am running Unity 5.3.3p3, Teamspeak Unity Package 3.0.3.2_2016_02_16 on Windows 10.

I start a new project, import the package, open and fix up the exampleScene, and set:

Server Address = wa1.teamspeak.cc
    Server Port = 9987
    Server Password = {blank}
    Nick Name = TestIt
    Default channel password = {blank}
    Push to talk: ticked

The run the app. I get a dialog box with Function Test, a text entry field and Send Server Message.

If I step through the start() code it appears to successful connect to server but if I hit function test then I get multiple beeps, not connected and could not reach server messages.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

jules

Not quite sure which 'package' you're talking about or where you got it, since I don't think we offer anything like it.

In any case, connecting to a regular server is not possible using an SDK client.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Not quite sure which 'package' you're talking about or where you got it, since I don't think we offer anything like it.

In any case, connecting to a regular server is not possible using an SDK client.
    Apologies for being unclear. The package I am talking about is the one downloaded from:

http://www.teamspeak.com/downloads

On the SDK tab. Under Unity 5 Package -> Download. The full name is: TeamSpeak_SDK_3.0.3.2_2016_02_16_Unity5.unitypacka ge

Here's a picture of the relevant section:

Name:  screentmp.png
Views: 955
Size:  11.1 KB

If I can't connect to a regular server how would I be best to test my client?

The documentation recommends using a local server created by a binary (ts3_server_minimal.exe) that it says is in the package but is not actually present.

Thanks

Jules

Quote Originally Posted by jules43 View Post
    Apologies for being unclear. The package I am talking about is the one downloaded from:

http://www.teamspeak.com/downloads

On the SDK tab. Under Unity 5 Package -> Download. The full name is: TeamSpeak_SDK_3.0.3.2_2016_02_16_Unity5.unitypacka ge
    huh, that's new, wasn't aware of that :S

If I can't connect to a regular server how would I be best to test my client?

The documentation recommends using a local server created by a binary (ts3_server_minimal.exe) that it says is in the package but is not actually present.
    SDK clients are only compatible to SDK servers. If there is no example server in the package you can either create your own, or download the regular/full SDK which does include a server example (though you'll have to compile it yourself). Note that the regular SDK examples are all coded in C.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    SDK clients are only compatible to SDK servers. If there is no example server in the package you can either create your own, or download the regular/full SDK which does include a server example (though you'll have to compile it yourself). Note that the regular SDK examples are all coded in C.
    1. Within the Unity package there is a zip of some SDK version, and this does include a Visual Studio project for building the minimal server, when I opened the project in Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition I couldn't get it to build. Is there somewhere I can get a pre-built version? Or is there a version compatible with VS 2015?

2. What is an "SDK server"? If I build an application using TS3 SDK, will I be able to use one of the commercial TS hosting companies with some standard server config? If the free server I pointed it at is not an "SDK server" what is it?

3. It seems like you should be able to take the TS3 Unity sample and have it work out of the box and match the documentation. I've sent descriptions of the issues I hit to the "Bugs" forum channel.

Thanks

1. Within the Unity package there is a zip of some SDK version, and this does include a Visual Studio project for building the minimal server, when I opened the project in Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition I couldn't get it to build. Is there somewhere I can get a pre-built version? Or is there a version compatible with VS 2015?
    What kind of problem do you experience? I just downloaded the Unity5 package, extracted the SDK Zip file, opened the examples/server_minimal solution file in Visual Studio 2015 and it built without any issue or complaints.

2. What is an "SDK server"? If I build an application using TS3 SDK, will I be able to use one of the commercial TS hosting companies with some standard server config? If the free server I pointed it at is not an "SDK server" what is it?
    Our voice technology embedded in your software. The SDK server is just the voice server part e.g. embedded in your game server or as a standalone application (like the minimal examples included in the SDK).
    You will have to create your own server application in some way or another using the SDK. Whether that ends up as its own binary or is embedded into the game server that you may already have anyway doesn't really matter. In theory you should even be able to build the server part into the game client as well if you choose to and then have some sort of logic that determines which of the clients provide the voice server part as well.
    You cannot use the server we release, as such you also cannot use any of the servers offered by hosting companies as these are our release servers.

3. It seems like you should be able to take the TS3 Unity sample and have it work out of the box and match the documentation. I've sent descriptions of the issues I hit to the "Bugs" forum channel.
    I don't have any experience with Unity so I really don't know what exactly the problem is. Will look for the posts in the Bug Section.
    In any case TeamSpeak uses a server client approach, so you'll always need a server somewhere.

Thread Information