Forum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The downloaded .tar.bz2 file needs to be extracted first.
    The you will see the folder containing the server.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

tar does not care how you name your files as long as you tell it the correct file name.
    As a linux server owner, you should know what bz2 is. And tar.

Did what forums told me to with upgrading my server and it got blanked...help plz

I copied over my ts3server.sqlitedb like the forums told me to and now when i try to get into my server it is completely blank and asking for my privilege key. Also it will not accept my privilege key that i found in my logs folder. someone please help.
    Last edited by dante696; August 21st, 2018 at 10:38 AM. Reason: merged

Update

I was able to locate my privilege key and get my permissions back. Server is still blank though so help would still be appreciated.

Difficulty updating from OLD server version

I run a small TS server... mostly just for family and a few friends. I haven't updated the server (version 3.0.11.4) since 8/2015. I know it's bad, but it's just been a run and forget type thing. I used srvany.exe to set it up as a Windows service and just haven't had to touch it. That is, until the release of the 3.2.1 client. Anyone who's updated their client from 3.1 to 3.2 can no longer connect to the TS3 server.

I tried updating following the instructions to a tee, but it just crashes on startup. Since the package is self-contained, I don't think there's a separate dependency that needs to be updated (ie: sqllite or something).

I'm attaching a debug file. Hopefully it's something simple. I've rolled back the setup folder and am asking people to stay on the 3.1 client for now.

Server query rights, a quickie (I hope)

I run a TS3 server on Linux. I know nothing about Linux. I read step-by-step instructions to get it run TS3, WWW and FTP servers. I know about C64.

Now I need to update my 3.0.19 server to the latest. I understand I should 'use server query serverprocessstop to stop the server' so I can update it. I connected to the server with my Windows TS client (I am server admin) and created me a server query login and now I can log in to it.

It has taken me ~2 hours to get this far and I've got my share of data heat for now, and the current status is:

serverprocessstop
    error id=2568 msg=insufficient\sclient\spermissions failed_permid=18

So what now? I've read threads and threads about this, but no simple answer how to get full control. Plz hlp.

I think I'm gonna go break something now.
    Last edited by dante696; August 20th, 2018 at 09:43 PM. Reason: merged

Can you please show us the latest server log 0 from server 3.3.0 or 3.3.1?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Can you please show us the latest server log 0 from server 3.3.0 or 3.3.1?
    I'm attaching a log after copying the new files, then restarting the service.

It almost looks like the service (generated with srvany.exe) is still calling the old server version. I can only guess that is "ts3server_win64.exe". If I run that manually, I get the log that the service has crashed. If I manually double-click "ts3server.exe", it goes to the tray for a moment, then disappears (with no log generated).

Interestingly enough, if I try and just copy the new files only (without my old database), straight as they are in the teamspeak3-server_win64-3.3.0.zip file, I can double-click the ts3server.exe and it will do the same thing... pop up in the tray, then disappear, without a log. This is without any old files/database.

What exactly does 3.3.1 fix? Maybe I should try that. (I don't see 3.3.1 anywhere to download)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dante696; August 20th, 2018 at 09:38 PM. Reason: merged 2 posts

Just stop the service you did setup.
    Then make sure server isn't running.
    Then copy the new server over the old one.

The crash is because you are trying to run the old server.
    Server 3.3.1 thread with Download link

--------------------------------------------------
    @porakone

You take the serveradmin login to do this.
    Means you login with command login serveradmin a_password_here.

But on Linux you can stop the server without using the Query interface as mentioned in post 1.

Just stop the service you did setup.
    Then make sure server isn't running.
    Then copy the new server over the old one.

The crash is because you are trying to run the old server.
    Server 3.3.1 thread with Download link

--------------------------------------------------
    @porakone

You take the serveradmin login to do this.
    Means you login with command login serveradmin a_password_here.

But on Linux you can stop the server without using the Query interface as mentioned in post 1.
    Sure, but like I said earlier, I tried just running the new binaries by themselves (without even putting my db file in there), and it still starts/shuts down. The old service is not started.

I'll try 3.3.1 and see what happens, then report back.

**EDIT**
    The new exe was closing out because it is not opening with admin rights. If I open it as administrator, it runs and doesn't immediately shut down. Copying the new files over the old (leaving the existing database), then running the new executable with elevation did the trick. It took a while for the db to update or load (with no progress indicated), but I just kept checking with netstat until I saw the ports open.

What are most people using to run this as a service? I haven't used srvany for years... I believe this the last thing I had running with it. For newer programs that don't integrate as a service, I've been using srvstart. Do you have a better recommendation for running TS3 as a service, or is there maybe a command line option that will install it as a service? I didn't see one in the documentation.

**EDIT #2**
    I actually think I may be using NSSM (The Non-Sucking Service Manager).
    Last edited by Flapjack; August 20th, 2018 at 11:46 PM.

Ubuntu server upgrade.

It would be nice if there were easy to find, updated, step by step instructions for updating a server on Ubuntu. At this point I'm finding more forum posts that tell the op to do a search instead of a link to a useful article. If i'm missing something in the official documentation please link me so I can stop pulling my hair out and actually use my server.
    Last edited by dante696; September 6th, 2018 at 07:08 AM. Reason: merged

Easy, step by step instructions:
    Code:
    cd /opt/teamspeak3
    wget -N <new tarball>
    mkdir <new version>
    tar -C <new version> xf <new tarball> --strip-components=1
    ln -Tfs <new version> bin
    systemctl restart ts3server

1. Stop your old server instance (Do not kill it! Or else you will not be able to start your new server for the next 2-3 hours!)
    why?

if you can explain this maybe when people are having this issue they will understand whats going on ....

The server needs to unregister all reported servers and slots from the accounting system.
    The only way to to this is to stop the server a supported way.

By killing it the server has no chance to do this.

Upgrade/Update TS3 Server

Hello, i own a TS Server but i'm not that used to config the files and use the SSH.
    How can i upgrade my ts to the newest version? I'm using 3.6.1
    Last edited by dante696; June 19th, 2019 at 11:49 PM. Reason: merged

Thread Information