Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Server log says file download from (id:0) ... by client what does it mean ?

Hello,

recently i noticed in my server log that there is a post that someone has downloaded a file.
    20.03.2016 22:09:03 VirtualServerBase Info file download from (id:0), '/icon_2379257560' by client 'TeamSpeakUser'(id:22964)

this came more than one time across my log. and i dont want that. it bothers me that someone is downloading files from my ts.
    can someone explain me what this post means ?

With id=0 the server uses channelid=0 to download the icons from channel with id=0.
    Channel ID=0 is no real channel. It's the the server using that ID for icons up/downloads and the path is on your hard drive is "Teamspeak3-Server\files\virtualserver_x\internal\icons"

A bit confusing, but this is how filetransfer works. The server always needs a channel id for up/downloads.

The server also can be linked via client (just remove the X and send it into the client chat)
    Code:
    [UXRL=channelid://0]Click_me[/URL]
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Recent changes in the logfile

Hello,
    recently I've noticed entries like
    Code:
    30.03.2016 21:40:02	VirtualServerBase	Info	file download from (id:X), '/icon_1912666124' by client 'Maxi Cohan'(id:X)
    I'm aware that this has to be related to the icon downloads for groups / channels, performed by every client.
    But those things weren't logged before and are now kind of spamming the logs, as they're drowning the log entries about user initiated file downloads.

Is this intended and if so, why ?
    At the moment it's only spam for me.
    Last edited by pr00cw; April 4th, 2016 at 03:27 AM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by pr00cw View Post
    At the moment it's only spam for me.
    Looks like spam for me too when i think about servers with more user trafffic!

This seems to happen since server 3.0.12 and currently i can not say if that is a wanted change.
    I need to talk to the server dev about this.
    Last edited by dante696; March 31st, 2016 at 09:48 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Looks like spam for me too when i think about servers with more user trafffic!

This seems to happen since server 3.0.12 and currently i can not say if that is a wanted change.
    It really is.
    I wanted to add this one also:
    Code:
    04.04.2016 23:53:55	VirtualServerBase	Info	file deleted from (id:0), 'files/virtualserver_X/internal/avatar_X' by client 'Smaug'(id:X)
    Moreover there's only the delete info, no entry for avatar uploads / changes, but deletes as it seems.

Please don't take it as rude but it looks like the dev flags for more verbose logging got into the release channel.
    At least that's my explanation.

I just take it as a good catch for this topic.

I wanted to add that I'm voting for a logging of avatar deletes which were done by other users than the avatar owner, as this can help detecting abuse of powers. So a change to log only "external" avatar deletes would turn the current bug into an improvement.

This request is off-topic

Feature requests belong to http://forum.teamspeak.com/forums/87...s-and-Feedback.
    Please create a thread there.

Thread Information