Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

I have some serious concerns

Dear TeamSpeak,

I'm absolutely confused as to why you're unable to deal with exploit reports coming from people who are investigating your software for bugs, exploits and such. This is severely affecting any one of your customers who are paying you for a license, be it an ATHP or AAL. The latter being myself, I've been running a large public server for a good while now and feel like you as a company do not take security seriously when stuff is being reported to you.

Some of the community may disagree with me and there may be method behind your madness, but I do not see it from my point of view. Any other company out there that is in Tech would happily welcome reports given to them before hand of an exploit and sometimes even give a reward for finding one. I'm not saying that you should reward the people doing it, but at least take their reports seriously.

So now, it looks like another exploit has been found and is going to be released into the wild this Friday according to the people who have found it. I'm sick and tired of sitting around waiting for the next one of these to happen, why is no one else stepping up and saying how ridiculous this actually is? Any time one of us bring it up on the forums we are silenced and have the thread deleted, if I contact you via your support system you give blank replies that restore no faith that you have lost.

On another note, why is nothing being done about ATHP's being fucked over by people providing "Free TeamSpeak Servers" by using cracked licenses, these have been reported again and again but the generic replies come out with "We're investigating" or for example "When our investigation is complete, we will determine the approach to take, such as blacklisting. There is no ETA on when investigations are completed as there are a number of factors involved. " What is taking so long, I gave you definitive proof that they're not paying you and are utilizing cracked licenses.

Sorry for my rant, but this really can't go on any more as this is affecting business that are selling your product.

Regards,

Patrick
    Last edited by dante696; March 23rd, 2016 at 07:35 AM. Reason: moved thread to right section

I personally understand all your concnerns and do have the same.
    I also have a bit background knowledge, but i have no *official* answer because sales/ceo topics are not my section.

I will forward this thread. Maybe one will answer here.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    I personally understand all your concnerns and do have the same.
    I also have a bit background knowledge, but i have no *official* answer because sales/ceo topics are not my section.

I will forward this thread. Maybe one will answer here.
    I think that it's long over due that a statement is made officially by someone higher up regarding all the stuff going on as it just looks like you're sitting on your hands doing nothing currently.

A proper answer still hasn't been provided by TeamSpeak.

I've been sending multiple tickets messages with different informations over a two months time span, and received a reply to one third of them.
    Reporting cracked license saying they would take care of this and nothing has ever been done, I seriously feel like I'm not being taken seriously while I report VALID cracked licenses, preventing me to BUY and ATHP license.

How can it be possible for a company such as TeamSpeak to be so anti-comercial regarding its customers and even worse its potential customers.
    Actual customers must feel betrayed by how you handle cases.

Now this is said, may you please give a valid answer on why it is taking so long and why you just don't put any consideration into your customers.
    Or maybe is this post going to be deleted, like many other posts which were depicting negative points of on TeamSpeak.

I am also interessting in an answer of responsible person.

I would undersign all what Patrick1164 wrotes!

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer1989 View Post
    I am also interessting in an answer of responsible person.

I would undersign all what Patrick1164 wrotes!
    I have been in contact with some people at TeamSpeak and can now understand that they are doing stuff, and the biggest step in the right direction is greylisting. I'm not going to disclose anything that has been disclosed to TeamSpeak and to me but they're getting their shit together finally.

This is worth a read: http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...s-the-Greylist

I think they had to find something that will not make more people go to Discord and still make money from ATHPs. Though I think that the greylisting is too soft. For example, there could cause a delay of 10 to 30 seconds. Or that greylisted servers will be blacklisted after 30 days or so.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    I think they had to find something that will not make more people go to Discord and still make money from ATHPs. Though I think that the greylisting is too soft. For example, there could cause a delay of 10 to 30 seconds. Or that greylisted servers will be blacklisted after 30 days or so.
    I think you'd be quite surprised how effective as it looks so shitty and malicious to connect to a server marked with it. My understanding that after X period that these servers would be blacklisted if a license was not purchased.

It's quite an effective way at showing the fact that TeamSpeak as a company isn't stopping the users connecting outright but more bringing to light that they're using a server that isn't running in an official manner. If TeamSpeak outright blacklisted some of these huge providers using cracked servers and distributing these servers there would be outcry how TeamSpeak is in the wrong etc... but this way they bring to light the issue first so people can start to understand where it's coming from.

(If what I'm writing makes any sense, I'm likely just spewing stuff that's repetitive because I'm tired.)

Thread Information