Forum

Mics on Macs that work with TS3

Do any mac users have an external mic that works well with TS3?

I've read that mics connected to the line-in on Macs do not work because TS3 doesn't recognize the line-in as an audio input (and as such a USB mic is required). I've tested the line-in theory with earbuds, Apple earpods, and other headsets with mics. None of them are recognized. The only mic TS3 recognizes in the mic built-in to the Macbook Pro, which would be fine except that the fan noise triggered by playing the game is so loud that the transmission is very noisy. Thus, I want a separate mic.

Macbook Pro Retina 15-inch mid 2015
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.4
    TeamSpeak 3 Client v. 3.0.18.2

Yes, my Samsung Headset from Note 2 does work with the Mac Book Pro and the client. The internal Mic is disabled and all input comes from that headset as long it is plugged in.
    Any device cable headset with 4 rings should work by default.

The client shows "Built-in Microphone" only, but will use the connected external microphone as soon sound settings on OS X accepts the connected device as an external microphone.
    This is what i've experienced with my headset.

//Shwoing "Built-in Microphone" even when the external is used looks like a bug for me. I will create a ticket for this
    Last edited by dante696; March 30th, 2016 at 01:51 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information