Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Add Hyperlink in the Ban reason

Hey guys,
    currently we try to add a hyperlink to the banreason so someone who was banned can fill out a form for an unban.
    We have try it on an test server on version 3.0.12.2 but it shows only the complete tags and not a link, and maybe more characters for a ban reason will be fine.

We want clear text in reasons "disconnect/timeout , kicked and banned"

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFM View Post
    so someone who was banned can fill out a form for an unban.
    For what reason do you want that user can get unbanned before it's ban deletes itself?
    Just do not ban permanently or that long that the user get's a chance to apologize
    Last edited by dante696; March 29th, 2016 at 08:29 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    We want clear text in reasons "disconnect/timeout , kicked and banned"

For what reason do you want that user can get unbanned before it's ban deletes itself?
    Just do not ban permanently or that long tha tthe user get's a chance to apologize
    Hey dante696 and thanks for your fast reply,

with a simple "" tag it's simple we think.
    Because we have a community server for some big youtuber and have much rules for users like channelhopping and more.
    If a user on the server has a permanent ban he can fill out a form why he was banned and why the ban is not true, this is a reason for a form, we have this form since over 3 or 4 months but we think if the user try to connect on the server he has a link for the form to appeal a unban.

That's a strange concept for me

An admin can ban permanent, but the user can request to get unbanned.
    What's the meaning of permanent bans then????
    --> Lower the maximum time for admins instead of giving permanent bans.

A user can appeal if a ban or the reason isn't true.
    Why should an admin ban that user then? So would mean your admin is lying if you believe users and not the admin, when you remove the ban.
    --> you need to advice your admins how to handle bans or setup rules for bans.

Just do not ban permanently or that long that the user get's a chance to apologize
    Still better solution in my opinion.
    First ban -> Not so long to give users a chance.
    Second ban -> Longer or permanent if they will not accept your rules.
    Last edited by dante696; January 1st, 2017 at 04:41 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Hey dante and thanks for your reply,
    it was only a concept from us. We ban with ban waves so a user has 2 chances on the server, it was only an idea from us admins.
    So if you don't like it and don't want to implement it into the current ban reasons it's okay

I just like to understand why you need a form where users can appeal, when they are banned. A ban to someone has a reason it's possible to show users this reason.
    There is a reason why a user got banned and when you show your rserver rules somehwere and fill in wich rule was broken, than it should be enough for users to understand?

I just like to understand why you need a form where users can appeal, when they are banned. A ban to someone has a reason it's possible to show users this reason.
    There is a reason why a user got banned and when you show your rserver rules somehwere and fill in wich rule was broken, than it should be enough for users to understand?
    At the evening our team has much task like help people on the server, kick and ban everyone from the server who broke the rules but sometimes we ban 5-10 people where we think that he broke the rule like switch the channel fast but he wasn't switching the channel. A admin from us give him a ban for a few hours or days. So a user can out the form with his UID and write a reason why our ban was false. We use this system since a few months and in twitch over 1 year and it works great.
    This is the reason why we need a form

So it's about misunderstandings or accidents when a user got banned.
    I had that in my mind too, but the system did not sound like.

In that case such form makes sense!

So it's about misunderstandings or accidents when a user got banned.
    I had that in my mind too, but the system did not sound like.

In that case such form makes sense!
    Sorry for my misunderstanding dante, I hope it's clear right now

Thread Information