Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[Request] Auto Message Sending through a Client

Hello All,

I have been googling around for a piece of kit that can allow me to send channel messages when a client joins. However, I don't have access to server query's and thus, I cannot use any server query based plugins.

Essentially, I have a music bot in a channel that is playing music through a virtual audio cable, you can view it here: https://gyazo.com/ba33b2bbb7729a8638daff3a83448583. When someone joins, I would like it so that it sends an automatic message in channel chat. I could modify or create my own code to do this. However, I have no idea how to actually make it work from my hours worth of looking around.

So can you use scripts without query's and just ran on your own client or do you need a server query to do this kind of operation?

Thanks.

Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by [BB] Shaun View Post
    Hello All,

I have been googling around for a piece of kit that can allow me to send channel messages when a client joins. However, I don't have access to server query's and thus, I cannot use any server query based plugins.

Essentially, I have a music bot in a channel that is playing music through a virtual audio cable, you can view it here: https://gyazo.com/ba33b2bbb7729a8638daff3a83448583. When someone joins, I would like it so that it sends an automatic message in channel chat. I could modify or create my own code to do this. However, I have no idea how to actually make it work from my hours worth of looking around.

So can you use scripts without query's and just ran on your own client or do you need a server query to do this kind of operation?

Thanks.

Shaun.
    I am current working on a lua plugin that does this. You add it to the teamspeak client that runs on the server.
    It sends a pre-defined message based on the server group of the client joining.
    It can send the message to the channel of the client joining, but to do this, it must join the channel, send the message and return to the previous channel. It can send a PM to the user without changing the channel, but I have discovered that most users do not pay attention when they receive a PM. It can also poke the user to tell them to read the PM, but I have also found they ignore that too. Yes Really !!!

The plugin is called WelcomeGrp and hasn't been released yet, but probably in the next couple of weeks. I'll post an announcement here in the plugin forums

Thread Information