Forum

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    pre build one, is the same as the supplied one. when i wanted to rebuild it says there is a problem with my C compilter (cannot create executables), and when i wanted to install the rpm it said i don't have libc.so.6 (GLIBc 2.2) but i installed it yesterday. damn this is hard. i hate it, if you are missing one thing then this is depending on something and something else and so on. and at last you will have to install like 10 more programms to get one running

that's because this whole damn thing was made for Linux... not FreeBSD... Us F_BSD users are of course using the best system... but they designed it for the substandard most widely distributed systems consisting of Winblows and Linux.

Mine runs fine now, but the webadmin still has infinite load times.

Question Server loads - Redhat

Hi

We have been asked to look into hosting a TS2 server for one of our clients,

I haven't been able to find from the pages, and faq's any details relating to the server load.

Our servers are very powerfull, but was needing to know approx usuage for say 20 clients connected to our Linux box ?

Any help is much appreciated.

when i type in "top" i see one instance for each connected user, along with the memory and cpu utilization

I was just setting up a TS server on OpenBSD 3.3 and guess what i got.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------- log started at 03-05-03 20:09 -------------
    03-05-03 20:09:50,ALL,Info,server, Server init initialized
    03-05-03 20:09:50,ALL,Info,server, Server version: 2.0.19.16 Linux
    03-05-03 20:09:50,ERROR,All,SQL, Database initialization error: Library "sqlite.dll" not found.
    03-05-03 20:09:50,ERROR,All,SQL, Database initialization error: Library "sqlite.dll" not found.
    03-05-03 20:09:50,ERROR,All,SERVER, Start_TeamSpeak_Server: unable to open sqlite database
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    --------------- log ended at 03-05-03 20:09 --------------

Seems the binaries were compiled with windows references to the sqlite.dll not the linux sqlite.so

So what is the official fix for this problem, or is there any.

No, the error message is wrong. (The file name is hard-coded, not related to the actual failure.) It's just complaining that the sqlite.so that's dynamically loaded is failing to load. It's a problem with the .so being linked against the wrong version of glibc.

Various solutions have been proposed. The source to the .so is available from Project Mono so you can get that and recompile it to match your system. Maybe some kind soul with a BSD system and the Linux emulation has already done it.

Originally posted by wossName
    I simply grabbed the sources off the SQLite homepage, compiled and installed it (installing might not be necessary), and replaced the sqlite.so in the Teamspeak directory with the one I built myself. You should read the SQLite documentation, the build process is slightly non-standard.
    wossName, could you please share the sqlite.so you compiled? I have an old 486 router/firewall running RedHat 6.0. The harddisk is so small that I can't install GCC, so I can't compile sqlite myself. I don't know if the 486 is fast enough to be TS2 Server, but I would like to test it.

Ok, just PM me your e-mail address and I will send it to you, it's about 120 kb gzipped. It was built on a RedHat 6.2 with glibc 2.1.3, so I don't know whether it will work on your installation.

For the next release, the developers should just build SQLite on the same machine with TSS, so that either everything or nothing runs.

If you want to email it to me, I can host it on my team's FTP area.

[email protected]

http://matureasskickers.net/ftp/TeamSpeak/ts2/rc2/

attachment

you could also post it as an atachment to your next post - would be quickest to find for most of them problem-havers :P

Oh right, I totally forgot attachments.

Here you go...

Originally posted by wossName
    Oh right, I totally forgot attachments.

Here you go...
    NICE! It works on OpenBSD somewhat now!!!

error I am getting.

04-05-03 10:18:21,ERROR,All,SQL, OpenSQL Error: SQL logic error or missing database in query: superadmi$
    04-05-03 10:18:21,ALL,Info,server, Server init finished
    04-05-03 10:18:21,WARNING,Info,server, TeamSpeak Server daemon activated
    Last edited by StarKilLer; May 4th, 2003 at 11:15 PM.

Is there any fix for the webadmin being extremely slow & working every once in a while on Open or FreeBSD?

I'm trying to install teamspeak 2 rc2 server on a Pentium 166 MMX with Gentoo Linux.

When I start the server it says:
    Error starting daemon. Aborted.

A tsserver2.pid is created, clients can connect but I still get that error.
    The server.log file does not give any error messages, it just says it started up normally etc. But then why the error message?

I replaced sqlite.so with a home-compiled version but that didn't help either.

ldd server_linux and
    ldd sqlite

Give me the impression that all nescessary libs are installed. But why the error message?

tss.minimal_startscript stop stops the server so it all seems to work as expected, except for that error

If everything works, then that error message is obviously wrong, isn't it ? I used to get it too, but it disappeared with the latest developer release. Check the "Developer Releases" forum for more information.

Thread Information