Forum

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thumbs up

Thank you wossName :-). Your sqlite.so helped. I got the TS2 RC2 server working on a 66 MHz 486 with 32 MB RAM. That machine is not even close to minimum Linux server requirements, but it just seems to work.

Starting the server takes 6 minutes, though, and all webadmin operations take at least a couple minutes each :-). CPU load is at 100% the whole six minutes the server starts. But joining and leaving channels, speaking etc works really well after quick testing with 3 users.

Well, the problem is that it gives me the error message AND returns an error code.

The problem with that is the following:
    I wrote a Gentoo-compatible RC-init script to start TeamSpeak2 automatically at boot, but since it returns an error code, the initscript assumes the service has not started and does not mark the service as started.

The result of this is ugly red lines during my startup and ofcourse that I can't shutdown the server either by using /etc/init.d/ts2server stop. The latter is rather annoying.

Anyway, I'll check out the development forum.

[edit]I just tried the b22 developer release, but it still gives me the same problem. The server works correctly, but gives an error messages and error code at startup [/edit]
    Last edited by MadEgg; May 11th, 2003 at 09:15 PM.

Unhappy reboot and reboot

hi folks!

everytime i try to start tss2_server i get an abort and some seconds later my machine halts.

my machine is a 486 dx 80, 16meg ram with coyotelinux + kernel 2.4.20 ide-enabled. no soundcard only a silly 1mb graphic-board and 2 nics. machine runs fine until...

any suggestions?

thanks in advance

greets cpucooler

keep your brain cool

For those who've upgraded MySQL to 4.0 using the RPM's at the MySQL website, be sure to install the RPM for MySQL-shared-compat and set VendorLib=/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10
    in server.ini. The ".10" invokes the v3 compatibility library. Without that you'll get the incompatible v4 library.

Re: reboot and reboot

Late reply but what the hell
    Originally posted by cpucooler
    hi folks!

everytime i try to start tss2_server i get an abort and some seconds later my machine halts.

my machine is a 486 dx 80, 16meg ram with coyotelinux + kernel 2.4.20 ide-enabled. no soundcard only a silly 1mb graphic-board and 2 nics. machine runs fine until...
    Only 16 MB? Have u enabled any virtual memory in Linux? If it needs memory but cant get any it cant run.]

woohoo!

those sqlite files got my ts2 server working on a cobalt raq4 \0/

I've downloaded the tss2_rc2 and install in my Linux Box FreeBSD 4.10 (This server is currently running for Gaming Server)

I've follow every steps shown in the manual, forum etc....
    but when I type : ./teamspeak2-server_startscript start it give me this

Error Starting Demon. Aborted

If anyone kind enough please let me know what did I do wrong.
    Thank you

NVM, solved the problem. Now running perfectly

Simone, what was wrong, and how did you fix it? Someone else may run into the same problem and a search of the forums would turn up your solution. This is called "paying it forward" and is an important part of how free forum-based support works.

Sorry for not posting "how I manage to solve" was rather in hurry for something else...lol

-------------------------

Please note, I'm running this TeamSpeak from root, if you feels that you do not have the courage to do so, please do not follow my style....however, I believe that you can move the folder/files to a "user" account...I need to try it out later....

------------------------
    Use Putty.exe to access your Telnet or SSH

anyway here goes.........
    If you running FreeBSD* you are require to have "linux_base 7.1_7" install in your machine before you can run TeamSpeak Linux.

located in your : /usr/ports/emulators
    Folder name: linux_base

If you do not have it, from your root access, you can "[[email protected] root]#pkg_add -r linux_base" this will auto install for you. Once added, do this:

[[email protected] root]#cd /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base
    [[email protected] linux_base]#make
    [[email protected] linux_base]#make install
    [[email protected] linux_base]#make clean

Note: this will take sometime depends on your connection
    Once completed...do this:

[[email protected] root]#cd /usr/ports/audio/teamspeak_server
    again..If you do not have it, from root, you can "pkg_add -r teamspeak_server" this will auto install for you. Once added, do this:

[[email protected] teamspeak_server]#make
    [[email protected] teamspeak_server]#make install
    [[email protected] teamspeak_server]#make clean

Once completed .....you are done! now it is time to activate the server.
    Do this next:

[[email protected] teamspeak_server]#cd /usr/local/lib/teamspeak_server
    [[email protected] teamspeak_server]# ./linux_server &

Do not forget to add the "&" symbol. This will enable you to close your putty and run the server.

You will then see your PID no.
    Your TeamSpeak Server now running.

still in the same place. do this:
    [[email protected] teamspeak_server]#pico server.log

copy your Admin and superadmin account info. Write it on a piece of paper or somewhere..

press Ctrl + x to exit
    All done.

press Ctrl + AD to log-out from your putty.

--------------------

Next, go to web browser type in your ip address
    http://123.345.543:14534
    Login using the superadmin username and password to manage your TeamSpeak Server...

All done.

--------------------

I've tested this on FreeBSD 4.10 dedicated server 100Mbits
    I've yet to test on other platform...but it will be soon. I'm currently testing it on FreeBSD 4.10 (Normal Pentium PC) behind a 4 port linksys router (cable connection)...this should be fun....will let you all know the out come..

Could someone please translate this into dumass noobie step-by-step instructions, please??

Quote Originally Posted by Simone
    Sorry for not posting "how I manage to solve" was rather in hurry for something else...lol

-------------------------

Please note, I'm running this TeamSpeak from root, if you feels that you do not have the courage to do so, please do not follow my style....however, I believe that you can move the folder/files to a "user" account...I need to try it out later....

------------------------
    Use Putty.exe to access your Telnet or SSH

anyway here goes.........
    If you running FreeBSD* you are require to have "linux_base 7.1_7" install in your machine before you can run TeamSpeak Linux.

located in your : /usr/ports/emulators
    Folder name: linux_base

I don't have /usr/ports on my server! And I have no idea where to get "linux_base 7.17".

If you do not have it, from your root access, you can "[[email protected] root]#pkg_add -r linux_base" this will auto install for you. Once added, do this:

[[email protected] root]#cd /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base
    [[email protected] linux_base]#make
    [[email protected] linux_base]#make install
    [[email protected] linux_base]#make clean

Uh, yeah, ok. What did you just say?

Note: this will take sometime depends on your connection
    Once completed...do this:

again..If you do not have it, from root, you can "pkg_add -r teamspeak_server" this will auto install for you. Once added, do this:

[[email protected] teamspeak_server]#make
    [[email protected] teamspeak_server]#make install
    [[email protected] teamspeak_server]#make clean

Once again, that's so far over my head it might as well be an orbital payload.

Once completed .....you are done! now it is time to activate the server.
    Do this next:

[[email protected] teamspeak_server]#cd /usr/local/lib/teamspeak_server
    [[email protected] teamspeak_server]# ./linux_server &

What does this do, and why did you do it?

Do not forget to add the "&" symbol. This will enable you to close your putty and run the server.

You will then see your PID no.
    Your TeamSpeak Server now running.

still in the same place. do this:
    [[email protected] teamspeak_server]#pico server.log

copy your Admin and superadmin account info. Write it on a piece of paper or somewhere..

press Ctrl + x to exit
    All done.

press Ctrl + AD to log-out from your putty.

--------------------

Next, go to web browser type in your ip address
    http://123.345.543:14534
    Login using the superadmin username and password to manage your TeamSpeak Server...

All done.

I'm on FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE, which is why this post and the instructions in it are really important to me. I'm totally unable to get the server running due to compat/linux issues. I realize that everyone else here is a super-nerd, but I'm just a dumass petroleum engineer who is trying to run voice conferencing. Our company is stuck with the FreeBSD server because we paid the host for 3 years in advance.

--------------------

I've tested this on FreeBSD 4.10 dedicated server 100Mbits
    I've yet to test on other platform...but it will be soon. I'm currently testing it on FreeBSD 4.10 (Normal Pentium PC) behind a 4 port linksys router (cable connection)...this should be fun....will let you all know the out come..

lol that was noobie instructions.

Please note anything inside of the [ ] box's below usually means my personal instructions not to be typed!

First you need to have ssh access to your server. Which means you usually own the server or you got a host that can provide that for you. If you know you have this and dont have the program go to www.google.com type in putty and search for it. Usually the first link on the list click on it then click downloads on the top. Scroll down and download the putty.exe version.

One you have that you need to either obtain or know your root login for example bob.mark.com then you login.

It usually asks for a username and password, therefore you must enter it and know it if you have all this so far it means your set up to do this if not you need to contact your host notify him of this or find out what yours is.

You login it will come up with the command line

"only thing you need to worry about is that there is the word "root" and the begging of the command"
    [[email protected]]

once you see this you follow these basic instructions by typing in the following command lines like said above.

"Please note this is for FreeBSD like said above it requires "linux_base 7.1_7"

type in the following on on root line

cd /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base (hit enter)
    if an error message pops up then you dont have it installed on your system on the new root command box that pops up type
    CD (then hit enter)

DO NOT FOLLOWING ANYTHING BETWEEN THE RED IF YOURS IS INSTALLED

You should now be back at your original [[email protected]]

Now since you dont have you would now type

#pkg_add -r linux_base [on the line then click enter, it should add it sucessfully]

END OF INSTALLATION FOR THAT

now you should be back at your original [[email protected]]

type in the following

cd /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base [hit enter]
    #make [hit enter]
    #make install [hit enter]
    #make clean [hit enter]

Then like he said this may take a second depending on your server speed for this to complete and finish.

now once down type cd to return to the default root

now type

cd /usr/ports/audip/teampseak_server "if like before you receive an error message, then you must install it like before with pkg_add -r teamspeak_server

then once installed type cd once more to make sure your at root then type cd /usr/ports/audio/teamspeak_server

#make [hit enter]
    #make install [hit enter]
    #make clean [hit enter]

NOW if you got it once down you need to activate the server, type CD to return to default root the type

cd /usr/local/lib/teamspeak_server [hit enter]
    ./linux_server & [hit enter]

THEN it should be running.

Type pico server.log

to enter information setup

go to something should say admin and superadmin copy the information you want there make sure you remember it then Ctrl + X to exit and Ctrl + AD to exit the background screen then your good.

This might have been more confusing but I tryed something diffrent since his instructions were excellent, hope this might help!

For all out there with Debian on the Drive:

#ldd server_linux
    libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x4001d000)
    libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x4006e000)
    libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x40072000)
    /lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x40000000)

No NoVersion thingy here.

Merry XMas

I get the same "error aborted" message, log file has no information related to any error, linked libraries are exactly the same as the post above me. The server seems to start anyway but I'm having problems with some clients unable to connect.

got this problem

[email protected]:~/private/teamspeak> ./teamspeak2-server_startscript start
    starting the teamspeak2 server
    ./teamspeak2-server_startscript: line 29: ./server_linux: cannot execute binary file
    [email protected]:~/private/teamspeak> ldd server_linux
    not a dynamic executable

Thread Information