Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Group ignore Poke Permissions from another Group

How can I make that a group (Dont ping me) ignores the permissions of annother group (Supporter)? I want that the Supporters can gave themselves the Group Dont ping me, which can overide the permissions of the Supporter poke permissions.

Set i_client_needed_poke_power of 999999999 + Skip (+ Negate to be sure) flag into the group Dont ping me.
    But this will only work as long noodby else has or can assign i_client_poke_power or 999999999.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Must the Dont ping me group have a higher Talk Power than the Supporter Group?
    Now the Supporter group has an higher talk power and it doesnt work

I do not see a relationship to your main question. Poke has nothing to do with talk power.
    And i don't understand your question at all.

I don't know how many talk power your group needs. This depends on you.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

I have a group named Supporter. This Group has i_client_needed_poke_power 14. The other group Trial has i_client_poke_power 15 and can not poke the Supporter. Only when i negate the needed poke power from the Supporter it works.

me is confused now

Sure you must use negate when another server group has a higher needed poke power set.

Creating a No Poke Server group

Alright, I'm sure that someone has asked this question before, but I couldn't find it when I looked. I am currently setting up a Teamspeak 3 server. I'm trying to create 2 server groups (just copied from Guest), one that can't poke anyone and one that can't receive pokes from anyone, aside from server admin. I'm sure I can figure out the numbers but can someone explain a bit more about i_client_needed_poke_power and i_client_poke_power, and how they correlate with each other. The group that can not receive pokes works fine with these perms but any other combination I try for the other server group, just doesn't seem to work. Any help?

P.S. any hyper link is a imgur uploaded image
    Last edited by dante696; April 26th, 2016 at 08:21 AM. Reason: merged. feel free to use the search feature of forum next time

Thread Information