Forum

What version of OpenSSL does TeamSpeak 3 use?

Hello everyone, I finally registered for the forums!

My friend asked me to work on a TeamSpeak plugin that both of us would find very useful. I was able to finish the code pretty easily but now I'm working on compiling it for 32-bit and 64-bit TeamSpeak releases.

The plugin requires OpenSSL and I noticed that TeamSpeak 3 already has libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll in its root folder. I used the tutorial here to create libeay32.lib and ssleay32.lib files for linking the dynamic libraries, but I also need the openssl directory containing all of the headers. I tried to use a folder of OpenSSL 1.0.1s headers, but the headers do not match TeamSpeak's version.

Could someone tell me what OpenSSL version I need to compile in order to get the header files to build my plugin?
    Last edited by NobleUplift; March 25th, 2017 at 06:43 PM.

We use OpenSSL 1.0.2g as of client 3.0.19.
    DLLs have (or can have at least) version numbers. OpenSSL dlls show version 1.0.2.7 which would sensibly translate to 1.0.2g seeing how g is the 7th letter of the alphabet.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Yeah... I don't think I'll ever stop confusing those letters lol.

Also makes sense, I was compiling 1.0.1s because I was getting this error for 1.0.2g:

Code:
         Assembling: tmp32\sha1-586.asm
        tmp32\sha1-586.asm(1432) : error A2070:invalid instruction operands
        tmp32\sha1-586.asm(1576) : error A2070:invalid instruction operands
        NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\ml.EXE"' : return code '0x1'
        Stop.
    But then I figured out that I needed the no-asm flag thanks to this blog post. Here's my build script:

Code:
    CALL "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat"
    perl Configure VC-WIN32 no-asm --prefix="D:\openssl-1.0.2g\build"
    CALL ms\do_ms.bat
    nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak 
    nmake -f ms\ntdll.mak install
    I just compiled 1.0.2g successfully! I'll try compiling the rest of the plugin later today.

Thanks a lot Chris! I have the 32-bit version of my plugin working with both HTTP and HTTPS URLs. Now if only I can get 64-bit working...

Is there any way to rename the thread to, "What version of OpenSSL does TeamSpeak 3 use?"? I renamed the parent post to that, but I can't seem to find an option for renaming the thread. It would help anyone else that needs to compile a version of OpenSSL to work with TeamSpeak.

Quote Originally Posted by NobleUplift View Post
    Is there any way to rename the thread to, "What version of OpenSSL does TeamSpeak 3 use?"? I renamed the parent post to that, but I can't seem to find an option for renaming the thread. It would help anyone else that needs to compile a version of OpenSSL to work with TeamSpeak.
    Done...

Is TeamSpeak 3 still on OpenSSL 1.0.2g as of client 3.1.4? Maybe the reason my plugin keeps crashing TeamSpeak for reasons unknown is because my SSL/cURL build is out-of-date.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...eak-3-to-crash

My friends all want to use Discord and I'm trying to make a convincing argument to stay on TeamSpeak. One of the biggest features in Discord that they praise is the preview of website with a title and the associated image. I know that I can't get the image, but my plugin does get the title of the page, so that it will at least display the title. If I can even get my plugin working, I will try to add Open Graph protocol support to print out a small description as well.

So is TeamSpeak still on OpenSSL 1.0.2g? If not, what version is it on? I want to get this plugin working this weekend to save TeamSpeak as a cornerstone of my community.

TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.1.8 uses 1.0.2k, you can check by looking at the version information in libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thank you so much for getting back to me Chris!!! I'm going to see if I can get it working this weekend.

Thread Information