Forum

After few second, speech is partitional

Hello,

So I had a little problems with my microphone and I thought that all of them was mics fault. So I installed a virtual-xlr drivers and used adobe audition to make my microphone work better in real time. It works perfectly when recording ex. Audacity, but in TS, after 2-3 seconds of talking, speech go partitional and have a huge disruption sound. Lemme explain more specific (or at least i'm going to try).

I'm using push-to-talk, every time I press button and speak and the blue ball changes to light blue, my voice is getting partitional lik(e) (th)at w(he)n u ca(n't) he(ar) le(tt)er(s) (in) sq(ua)res.

This doesn't exist when recording with some program, so it's not a mic problem anymore. But when using TS and speaking, even with voice recognition, it happens and it's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivalRacer View Post
    Hello,

So I had a little problems with my microphone and I thought that all of them was mics fault. So I installed a virtual-xlr drivers and used adobe audition to make my microphone work better in real time. It works perfectly when recording ex. Audacity, but in TS, after 2-3 seconds of talking, speech go partitional and have a huge disruption sound. Lemme explain more specific (or at least i'm going to try).

I'm using push-to-talk, every time I press button and speak and the blue ball changes to light blue, my voice is getting partitional lik(e) (th)at w(he)n u ca(n't) he(ar) le(tt)er(s) (in) sq(ua)res.

This doesn't exist when recording with some program, so it's not a mic problem anymore. But when using TS and speaking, even with voice recognition, it happens and it's annoying.

Having the exact same problem, even after installing a brand new sound card and buying a new head set, so it can't possibly be a hardware issue.
    It makes TS unusable, since people i talk to can barely understand what I'm saying.

Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Is it also choppy in local test mode?
    Make sure "Use Voice Activation while using Push-To-Talk" setting in capture options is disabled / not causing this.
    Client logs might be helpful.

Thread Information