Forum

How to poke a specific group/channel

I have a clan which has a call-admin feature that allows players in-game to call for admins that are on TeamSpeak to deal with a problem player. Currently it sends in the global server chat, which exposes the IP of the server manager to anyone connected, I'd like to change it so that it pokes the group our server admins are in.

I've been looking for a little while now and haven't been able to find anything in the server query manuals or other threads.

You could just have the query that messages the admins issue a "clientupdate client_nickname=GameServer" to change its nickname from the default one containing the IP.

If you want to only message the group, you'd have to grab a list of clients connected then check for each of them if they're in the servergroupclientlist result of the group you want to poke.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You could just have the query that messages the admins issue a "clientupdate client_nickname=GameServer" to change its nickname from the default one containing the IP.

If you want to only message the group, you'd have to grab a list of clients connected then check for each of them if they're in the servergroupclientlist result of the group you want to poke.
    Thanks, I'm still unsure as to how to make it poke the users of the group we made tho. I myself are new to the backend of teamspeak so I'll need basic instructions on how to do that.

Thread Information