Forum

Changing the application window position in Windows 10

Hello,

I've been trying for the last few months to move the teamspeak application window "snapped" to the top right of my screen in windows 10, but everytime I close the application instead of memorizing the position it just resets to the old one.

Is there anyway to change the configuration file directly? I just cannot seem to find the application position information anywhere.

Thanks!

Not sure what you mean by snapped and whether or not that's specific to Windows 10, but TeamSpeak does store it's last window position and uses that on next launch if you just regularly move the window somewhere.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

I cannot reproduce this via the snapping feature either.
    I move TS window to top right -> Window fills upper right quadrant.
    Close.
    Open -> Window still fills upper right quadrant.

I have a similar issue (same perhaps?), to do with a resized window that is positioned where-ever on the screen, so not related to the Windows 10 "window snapping", where a windowed is dragged to a position and automatically resized.

I have 2 monitors, Teamspeak3 is to the left side of the right monitor. With Windows 7, TS3 would always remember it's last position, however with Windows 10, it is a bit offset to what it remembers.

First pic is how it should be. Second is how it is remembered.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ts3Capture.PNG 
Views:	92 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	13941Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ts3Capture2.PNG 
Views:	75 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	13942

I can't reproduce this either with client 3.0.19.1 on Windows 10 (while one monitor or a second on left side ist active)
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    I can't reproduce this either with client 3.0.19.1 on Windows 10 (while one monitor or a second on left side ist active)
    What?

I have reproduced this every PC I have tried it on - 4 different computers. 2 desktops (both with dual monitors) and 2 laptops (laptop screen + monitor). All running Win 10 Pro except for 1 laptop which was running Win 10 Home.

Like my screenshots show, position the TS window in the very left hand side of the right screen (if left screen is primary monitor) and restart TS or the PC. It will always be 1cm or so offset to the right of it's remembered position.

[Client 3.0.19.1]

I can reproduce it now, when i use the corner where other monitor starts and the primary is on the right. My primary was on the right on first tests.
    But i can reproduce this with other programs (CCleaner, Trillian Chats etc.) too.

I put this topic on evaluation, because i'm not sure if or when our developers will investigate into this problem.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Exclamation 24 pixel (ungefähr) leerplatz vom linken rand auf dem rechten Monitor?

Seit letztem patch ist dieses Problem da, auf meinem rechten Monitor (1680x1050) startet Teamspeak 3 jetzt immer einen gewissen Platz vom linken Bildschirmrand... selbst wenn ich es dorthin verschiebe, Programm startet immer wieder neu an selber Stelle...

im Rot markierten Rahmen der leerplatz der auf meinem rechten Monitor am linken Rand ist.

(linker Monitor 1920x1080)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by dante696; July 30th, 2016 at 01:01 PM. Reason: merged, not only a TeamSpeak problem

Well it HAS moved to the left since the patch, but not enough! Please ~ 10 pixels more to the left!!! (Why won't the Teamspeak program just remember the last used position???)

Window position is not restored correctly for snapped windows

There is a small offset to the right of the previous window position when TeamSpeak is started again. This only seems to happen when the window was previously snapped. I'm running Windows 10 with TeamSpeak 3.1.1.1. I have multiple monitors, but which monitor was snapped on doesn't seem to matter.

A video explaining the bug: https://youtu.be/3SFn_FZjpZU
    Last edited by dante696; February 27th, 2017 at 08:20 AM. Reason: merged

Thread Information