Forum

I lost my Admin Group privileges PLEASE HELP!!

Hello all,

First of all, i am new to the forum.
    So here is the problem, my admin group on 2 of my virtual servers lost a couple of there privileges. I have acces to the server query. I am kind of new to the whole teamspeak 3 server query and stuff. Is there a way to add a new Admin group? Like the default one? Or a way to add the privileges back to the admin user?

For example: Servergroup - Admin - Global - Information - b_serverinstance_help_view - IS GREY and can't be edited (insufficient permission modify power) And yes, i am in all of the server groups to make sure i have the privilege to edit it.

I hope someone can help me out with this?

being in all of the server groups can actually cause you to lose permissions you otherwise would have.
    Try again with only being in the server admin group, and then try again.

Please note that on rented servers it is expected to not be able to modify most of the Global Section. Most of those permissions in that category is stuff that shouldn't be granted to anybody in the first place too. It deals with the instance in its entirety, and thus granting those permissions would be potentially detrimental to the server instance and all of its virtual servers.

The permission you talked about shouldn't have to be assigned to regular users, as it's assigned to the group everyone gets when they connect to the query interface by default and thus everyone that connects to query has that permission.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    being in all of the server groups can actually cause you to lose permissions you otherwise would have.
    Try again with only being in the server admin group, and then try again.

Please note that on rented servers it is expected to not be able to modify most of the Global Section. Most of those permissions in that category is stuff that shouldn't be granted to anybody in the first place too. It deals with the instance in its entirety, and thus granting those permissions would be potentially detrimental to the server instance and all of its virtual servers.

The permission you talked about shouldn't have to be assigned to regular users, as it's assigned to the group everyone gets when they connect to the query interface by default and thus everyone that connects to query has that permission.
    Thank you for your reaction, i am hosting the server myself with a non profit license. I tried being in the admin group only but no luck

So i can't just reset the user groups?

you can sort of reset them by overwriting the groups with the templates used to create them on a new server. If those have been modified as well it won't do much good though.

In any case on a default group setup you can try with these commands:
    servergroupcopy type=1 ssgid=3 tsgid=6 name=Server\sAdmin
    servergroupcopy type=1 ssgid=4 tsgid=7 name=Normal
    servergroupcopy type=1 ssgid=5 tsgid=8 name=Guest

Please note that these commands are for a default group layout on the first virtual server to have been created. If you're not the first virtual server you'll have to change the tsgid number to those of the respective group ids on your virtual server. You can find them in Permissions -> Server groups. The number in parentheses after the group name is their id. tsgid is the ID of the group you want to overwrite.

You should make a backup prior to running those commands, so in case something goes wrong you can go back.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information