Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[Question] How to change link color in chatwindow?

I'm trying to do a dark themed stylesheet and I was wondering how to change the blue link colors to something like green or anything else? I've been trying to read the QT docs but with usual nokia style they don't make heads or tails. I did find something about the Paletteroles but I don't understand how they work or how they would apply to a TS3 stylesheet. So if someone could post a quick example on how to change the URL link colors that users post in chat to green for example, I would be delighted. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Edit: Also if you know a way to change the color that Channels are listed in the (server) chat tab it would be awesome..

Hello, unfortunately you can not change the color of the links, I think for the next release developers will make this possible.

Hi, Standard Blue ("marked") you may change to green in Windows registry -> HKCU_Control Panel\Colors\
    HotTrackingColor - maybe is url links... But changes (example: 50 50 168) takes effect after ?reboot or save theme, than reload it ??)
    I changed white color to "#f0f0f0" instead of "white" for background (like in Windows background window color) in .qss. (I want to match teamspeak colors to Windows )
    I found the same topic
    You want other colors only for this application. It must be customisable in .qss file... (In default.qss file too)
    There is chat backgroud of my style:
    Code:
    QTextEdit#ChatTab {
         background-color: #f0f0f0;
    background:qlineargradient(x1:1,y1:0,x2:0,y2:1,stop:0 transparent,stop:1 #888);
         background-image: url('styles:default/chatlog-128x96.png');
         background-repeat: none;
         background-position: bottom right;
         background-attachment: fixed;
    }
    Last edited by [email protected]; July 19th, 2011 at 11:28 AM. Reason: when registry changes takes effect? Link to same topic. / "match" colors / chat background

Question Active links in TS3: can I change the color ?

I read in this forum that colors of links can not be changed here. However that post is dated around march 2011. Maybe since then it has become available, but, after thouroughly searching this forum and other internet resources, I have not found a solution.

I tried to change the background of the labels like this (at the end of the style qss file:

QLabel#label_1, QLabel#label_6, QLabel#label_7, QLabel#moreHotkeysLabel, QLabel#openBookmarksLabel {
    color: white;
    background-color: #58582C;
    background-image: none;
    }

However it seems that some label tags have been used multiple times on different dialogs, resulting in an undesired look of the dialogs.

Anyone got an idea how to fix this ? Looking forward to your ideas/suggestions/solutions.
    Last edited by dante696; November 2nd, 2015 at 02:10 PM. Reason: merged

Code:
    === Client Release 3.0.11 31 Jul 2013
    + The chat- and poke messages are now styleable too. Please notice the
      default_chat.qss in styles/ folder for example. The default_chat.qss is also
      the fallback if <stylename>_chat.qss does not exist.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

edit link style in <stylename>_chat.qss

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Code:
    === Client Release 3.0.11 31 Jul 2013
    + The chat- and poke messages are now styleable too. Please notice the
      default_chat.qss in styles/ folder for example. The default_chat.qss is also
      the fallback if <stylename>_chat.qss does not exist.
    Links still do appear in blue style, however this can be changed in <stylename>_chat.qss by adding this code:

Code:
    /* @external linkcolors in chat tab */
    a[href|="http://"] {
    	text-decoration: underline;
    	color: #6699FF
    }
    However in the Dialog screens the links still appear in blue (HARD CODED ???)
    Last edited by BattleHook; November 3rd, 2015 at 04:28 PM.

which dialog screens are you referring to?
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Active links in TS3: can I change the color ?

The screens in for example Settings - Options. I have added a screenshot with the links (as example) marked by red clouds.
    These type of links appear in more dialog screens.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by BattleHook View Post
    Links still do appear in blue style, however this can be changed in <stylename>_chat.qss by adding this code:

Code:
    /* @external linkcolors in chat tab */
    a[href|="http://"] {
    	color: #6699FF
    }
    However in the Dialog screens the links still appear in blue (HARD CODED ???)
    Thanks a lot!
    I was looking for this for some time now and this works.

link color in chatbox?

Are the link colors in chat box hard coded, or is there a way to modify them? The Links aren't cooperating with my dark theme.

Thank you

https://community.teamspeak.com/u/brady_the/
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.orgs View Post
    Are the link colors in chat box hard coded, or is there a way to modify them? The Links aren't cooperating with my dark theme.

Thank you
    If you haven't already, open your TeamSpeak installation folder, copy and paste default_chat.qss, and rename it into YOURSTYLE_chat.qss.

Once you have done that, open the file. Something like

Code:
    a {
    	color: #cc3366;
    		font-weight: bold;
    }
    should do the trick.

See http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_link.asp for more information.

Thread Information