Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Invisible / Hidden channels

hello everybody,

Is there any possibility to make sub-channels invisible until you enter the parent channel?
    I want to divide my TS3 Server in Two Parts, but not in two virtual servers.

Thanks in advance!

(and sorry for my bad english, i hope you unterstand me)
    Last edited by dante696; February 24th, 2014 at 03:02 PM. Reason: merged

No, that is controlled by the client side. Most users start their client with "expand all channels". In this case you'll always see all channels. You can however configure your client to expand no channel at all, or expand only the first level (the main channels) but noch the sub-channels. But as stated this must be done at every single client by the user himself. The server has no saying in that.

However there is a mysterious permission b_channel_create_private which nobody knows the true purpose of that may eventually let you create invisible channels perhaps? They added this permission and never bothered to connect it to anything, so currently it does not do anything yet. But stay tuned, I doubt they will keep us waiting forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthawt View Post
    However there is a mysterious permission b_channel_create_private which nobody knows the true purpose of that may eventually let you create invisible channels perhaps? They added this permission and never bothered to connect it to anything, so currently it does not do anything yet. But stay tuned, I doubt they will keep us waiting forever.
    There is no system to hide channels.
    No permissions, no server settings, no channel settings.

It's just not possible.

From 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    We won't implement Hide function. Please use Subscribe power for that.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

[QUESTION] Make Rooms Invisible to Non Subscribed Users

I run a server community with around 1000 members. Multiple guilds have there own rooms on the server which I give them channel admin permissions on. As the server grows I find it is harder for new guilds to find there rooms.

My question is :

Is it possible to make sub rooms disappear to users who dont have access to them?

Example

Guild 1
    - Sub 1
    - Sub 2

Guild 2
    - Sub 1
    - Sub 2

A member of guild 1 could only see

Guild 1
    - Sub 1
    - Sub 2

Guild 2

A member of guild 2 could only see

Guild 1

Guild 2
    - Sub 1
    - Sub 2

I went to a server where rooms where invisible once but not sure how they did it.

Not even sure if this is possible.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by dante696; May 22nd, 2014 at 10:32 PM. Reason: merged

Invisible Private Channel?

Is there any way for users to interact within a private channel with absolutely no indication of said individuals being there? I understand methods for channels to contain users that are invisible to outsiders via the subscription method but there are always issues, such as the server logs in the server tab mentioning channel switching, etc.

Any method would be much appreciated.

Invisible rooms

Hi, I'm renting a teamspeak server and a lot of my friends are using it however I'm looking to have som privacy but I still want my friends to be able to move other people and things like that.

So what I would like to set up is having 2 of my channels invisible but I still want them to be able to move around in all rooms without having to type in the password. Right now all I've succeded with is they either see no one in the server or they will see me in the room even tho I set the server subscription requirement to 75 and I set the channel subscribe power to 60.

I would really appriciate any help

Can I hide one or more channels from the random visitors in the lobby?

Can I hide one or more channels from visitor in the lobby?

I searched for this and found information that seemed to say that there just is no function for hiding a teamspeak channel from non privileged users, but I can hardly believe this.
    Last edited by dante696; June 10th, 2016 at 10:36 AM. Reason: merged, it's impossible

You can believe this. There is no feature to hide channels. This is nothing that ever was added or something we wanted to add.

You only can hide users in a channel from these visitors via needed susbcribe power for channels or by setting i_client_max_channel_subscriptions of 0 to the Guest group
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information