Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Admin can't give Channel Admin rights (blanked out)

I'm a server admin and I made a friend normal admin to do some stuff.

Now somewhere a few weeks ago, I probably did something wrong somewhere.
    Firstly if he wants to give a user Channel Admin rights, that part is blanked out.
    So I probably changed a setting causing this, but I don't know which setting this is.

Which setting to I need to change back so he can give or revoke channel admin rights on any team room?

Your Admin has not enough i_group_member_add_power to assign the Channel Admin.
    I think, your admin has a channel group assigned and does miss Skip in his own i_group_member_add_power.

Open the permissions overview (right-click -> permissions) on this user and then enter i_group_member_add_power into the filter.
    It will shown you where this permisisons comming from or will be overwritten.
    Now compare his i_group_member_add_power with Channel Admin's groups i_group_needed_member_add_power.

You can export it as txt if you want to show it here.
    Last edited by dante696; June 13th, 2016 at 04:28 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Open the permissions overview (righ-click -> permissions) on this user
    I would like that not only on that user, but on all users which would eventually get admin rights (access to the admin group).
    And I would that group to be able for this Admin group to also remove the Channel admin rights.

The i_group_needed_member_add_power for channel admin is 60 and my admin group has level 70.

On both i_group_member_add_power and i_group_member_remove_power in the Server group "Admin" (which my friend has) I put the value to 70 and enabled the "skip" option.

He can now add and remove channel admins.
    Can you confirm that this is correct for my purpose? Or do I only have to set the "skip" and for example no value of 70?

It's needed to open the permissions overview to find out which permisison revokes the ability to assign the Channel Admin group.
    Your user get's a lower value on his i_group_member_add_power for any other reason.

What you report is correct in therory, but does not mean that his current permission says his i_group_member_add_power is 70.
    I could also be, that he is unable to remove (i_group_member_remove_power) the current channel group from a user to assihn Channel Admin.

Wild guesses from me. Only a permissions overview helps here to get this sorted.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

It works, we tested it, I'm just not 100% sure if it's safe enough like this.
    I can put a permissions overview here, should that be one for the user, or for the admin usergroup?

You do not have to prove it, if adding Skip flag solved it for you.

I mark this thread as solved then.

Ah oke I thought you wanted to check something.

But that's alright then you can mark it as solved.
    Thank you very much for your quick response and help!!

Thread Information