Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[Discussion] [PreRelease] TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.13 Beta

This thread is for discussions, feedback and problems about / with the Beta PreRelease of the upcoming 3.0.13 Server.
    For changes and highlights see the announcement
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Now that's the news!
    How long it takes? IPv6 was requested in... 2010?

What do I put in my server.conf for it to work with both IPv4 and IPv6?

Right now I have

voice_ip=0.0.0.0
    filetransfer_ip=0.0.0.0
    query_ip=0.0.0.0

Will just putting :: or 0::0 there work? Or will it open the socket in IPv6-Only mode, so IPv4 will stop working and I have to specify both 0.0.0.0 and ::?

1 august 2016

LOL. Back to the Future!

Quote Originally Posted by Oromit View Post
    What do I put in my server.conf for it to work with both IPv4 and IPv6?

Right now I have

voice_ip=0.0.0.0
    filetransfer_ip=0.0.0.0
    query_ip=0.0.0.0

Will just putting :: or 0::0 there work? Or will it open the socket in IPv6-Only mode, so IPv4 will stop working and I have to specify both 0.0.0.0 and ::?
    You can use 0.0.0.0,:: to bind all available IPv4 and IPv6. This needed when you want users to be able to connect via IPv4 and IPv6 to your server. This is what the server binds default, when no parameter was used.

Or just use :: to bind to all available IPv6 only. This will disable connections from IPv4.
    Or just use 0.0.0.0 for all available IPv4 only. This will disable connections from IPv6.

0::0 , ::1, fe80....., fc00..... , fd00...., your external IPv6 , your external temporary IPv6 can be used too for bindings.

//edit

The Whitelist adds 127.0.0.1 and ::1, when the file was created automatically.
    Last edited by Chris; June 16th, 2016 at 11:07 PM. Reason: fixed logic error
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Yeah, IPv6 support! Great!

* file transfer now only allows an idle time of 2 seconds after connect
    I'm not sure, if this is good or not. What was the reason for this change?

Just an example: If you use an (very slow) VPN connection, you may won't be able to handle file transfers anymore... That's bad.

! the new file transfer routines on unix systems now depend on async io (aio*) routines.
    Just for my understanding: This means, that I can upload multiple files simultaneous in future or does it only write the files faster than before?

Thanks for the beta. I'll try it out, if the new client has been released.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebi94 View Post
    I'm not sure, if this is good or not. What was the reason for this change?
    1. There was an abuse blocked filetransfers on the server. This is why we did some changes there.

Just an example: If you use an (very slow) VPN connection, you may won't be able to handle file transfers anymore... That's bad.
    2. Good catch, maybe 2 seconds are not enough then. What do you think is a good value here?
    I will forward this to our developers and we will discuss that and it could be that we change this in a second beta.

3. I can't find the note for "async io" in our system and i'm not 100% sure about it.
    I or someone else will reply with an aswer for this later.

Thank you for the feedback!
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    2. Good catch, maybe 2 seconds are not enough then. What do you think is a good value here?
    I will forward this to our developers and we will discuss that and it could be that we change this in a second beta.
    I'm not sure, but I would set 10 seconds at least.

Did you ever restart a FRITZ!Box with the latest blue GUI version? Such a reboot takes about 2 minutes. Ok, but 120 seconds are overpowered and a FRITZ!Box will only reboot, if the user/admin hit's the button or something else. This is a case, what shouldn't be handled.

But I would recommend it, that the file transfer is still working after a forced disconnect by the ISP.

I'm using a very slow VPN connection to one of our Windows servers in the datacenter. The RDP (Remote Desktop) connection needs up to 5-20 seconds until the connection has been established and I can see anything. It's depending on the bandwidth usage, the server connection and so on.

Well... I would say, that 30 seconds is a good value. Wouldn't it be a solution to set a default value and every admin can update this value with a serverquery command for the instance? Or in the ts3server.ini file...?

3. I can't find the note for "async io" in our system and i'm not 100% sure about it.
    I or someone else will reply with an aswer for this later.
    OK, thanks.

I've just created a new suggestion: http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...769#post431769

And what about my older suggestion? http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...117#post400117

Is it possible to add it to this prerelease too? I think it shouldn't be much work.

Thank you for the feedback!
    No problem!

The 2 second file transfer timeout is the time you have to actually initiate the file transfer after you connected. Initiating a file transfer is really just sending about 32 bytes to the server after establishing the connection. So unless your ping exceeds 2 seconds, I don't see a problem here as sending 32 bytes really shouldn't take significantly more than the time it takes for packets to reach the server I think. If your ping does exceed 2 seconds then you probably won't be able to do much in the first place with regards to TeamSpeak.
    In either case as dante mentioned we'll discuss it, but there were reasons for this change and you probably shouldn't expect significant changes to this value.

As for feature suggestions, the server release is to be considered feature complete, so any new features would be added to a future release version (if added in the first place of course).
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

I'm not sure, but I would set 10 seconds at least.

Did you ever restart a FRITZ!Box with the latest blue GUI version? Such a reboot takes about 2 minutes. Ok, but 120 seconds are overpowered and a FRITZ!Box will only reboot, if the user/admin hit's the button or something else. This is a case, what shouldn't be handled.

But I would recommend it, that the file transfer is still working after a forced disconnect by the ISP.

I'm using a very slow VPN connection to one of our Windows servers in the datacenter. The RDP (Remote Desktop) connection needs up to 5-20 seconds until the connection has been established and I can see anything. It's depending on the bandwidth usage, the server connection and so on.

Well... I would say, that 30 seconds is a good value. Wouldn't it be a solution to set a default value and every admin can update this value with a serverquery command for the instance? Or in the ts3server.ini file...?
    I don't think anything of what you write here is related to the change at all.

Re: "async io" and the timeout after 2 seconds

async io is used for a perfomance improvement in filetransfers. Multiple transfers were possible before and are still possible.

2 seconds timeout: We will not change this after we 've disccused that.
    2 seconds should be enough to to build up a connection and to transfer 32 bytes that are needed.
    Any network that can not handle this, should not be used for filetransfers at all.

Thank you for finally implementing this feature into the server/client!
    I very appretiate it

One hint though:
    If you dont activate IPv6 support on your Windows, it will just tell you that it failed to connect. Maybe there is some way to show the user he actually did not enable IPv6 support.

Overall, I [s]like[/s] love it!

We will check if we can inform the user about missing IPv6 protocol.

I only know XP which has no IPv6 protocol installed by default. The server is prepared for missing IPv6 support already.
    Which operation system are you using?

Windows 10.

Of course it is activated by default.
    My hint was more directed to users who did have to turn it off to bypass connection problems (like me) and are not that experienced.
    After all they might not even know an IPv6 is beeing used when hidden behind a domain

I installed the new server on a vServer with one IPv4 and one IPv6 address. Query is bound to all addresses (default INI configuration here), file transfers (and query as well in a second test) are bound only to the IPv6 address. ftinitupload and ftinitdownload wouldn't tell me the IP address when I connect to query or the voice server via IPv4. Therefore, file transfers don't work.

Thread Information