Forum

Port 9987 Will not open, No matter what i try

Hey guys i know a lot of people have asked/ said this a lot but I've followed every single one of the threads and nothing is working.

So basically I'm trying to start up a dedicated server for me and my mates as a gaming server (5-10 people) and everything works fine server wide.
    Now I'm not exactly an expert at port forwarding but i have knowledge of how it works and how to use it.
    When i load up the server i am able to join it with my local ip but anyone else cant join/ i cant with my external ip.
    Ive set up 3 port forwards:

1. TCP on 30033
    2. TCP on 10011
    3. UDP/TCP on 9987

Port Forwards:
    http://puu.sh/pzhIF.png

When i check the ports using yougetsignal and Canyouseeme the first and second one come up as open but the 9987 port doesn't open.
    http://puu.sh/pzhP5.png
    http://puu.sh/pzhPU.png
    http://puu.sh/pzhQU.png

I've tried disabling my firewall and AVG, Ive tried DMZ'ing my computer, I've tried everything i can think of but no matter what this port will not open. I have a static internal ip and the external isn't too much of an issue as it just got renewed and it changes every month or so and i can keep up with that.
    I've tried changing it from both to just one, changing it to TCP, then UDP nothing.

Router: HUAWEI HG532d

If you need any other info just ask. Thanks in advanced.
    I'm currently stuck using EVOLVE (Hamatchi replacement) and it's really annoying.

UDP is connectionless, as such port testing tools will most likely show it as unknown / filtered / closed.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

1. Please only port forward UDP for the voice server and not TCP/UDP mode.
    Some devices do have problems with that mixed mode.

2. Make sure your computer has the IP 192.168.1.100. This can change when you use DHCP in your router.

3. Are you sure that your server IP bindings for voice are 0.0.0.0 or 192.168.1.100. You can see this in server log _1

4. The mentoined websites are not able to check UDP ports. You better use a real person for testing.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    UDP is connectionless, as such port testing tools will most likely show it as unknown / filtered / closed.
    So when i want people to join what do i get them to put in?

*External ip*:9987?

Yes this would work.

They only need your external IP, when the server runs on port 9987.
    The client always does connect on port 9987, when no other port was entered.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thank you everyone for your help, After restarting the router one more time and getting a person to try it it worked!
    image with private details removed
    Last edited by dante696; June 20th, 2016 at 03:39 PM.

Thread Information