Forum

Disabling Chat Notifications (Server Side)

Every time I edit or move a channel in Teamspeak, it notifies all the users present with a TTS notification. Is there a way to disable this server-side? I'm surprised this is even enabled by default; it annoys everybody and makes it difficult to clean up the server when there are a lot of people on.

This is not possible.

It's a client setting and each user needs to deactivate it if he does not want to read the notification in chat or hear sounds.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

How to not display in Chat modifications done through Serverquery?

As topic says, is it possible to not display in Chat modifications done through Serverquery?
    I have a little script which periodically connect through Serverquery and set channel passwords. In Chat window in teamspeak client, everytime there's the message "Channel xxx was edited by "Serveradmin from 127.0.0.1:12345". Pretty annoying.
    Any way to hide that?

This is not possible as a server setting.
    Every user can decide to deactivate such messages under Settings > Options > Notifications
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Mute channel edit sound notification for other users

Hi forum, when i any channel all admins get a sound notification which i don't need and it's a bit annoying when someone's playing games and hearing the sound connstantly when i'm tweaking stuff. In fact nobody needs to hear any modifications (made by other users) except for server modifications which i'd like to keep in case someone doesn't report changes their doing.
    Any ideas how i can pull this off server-side? I got advanced permissions enabled but can't find any parameter to customize notification behaviour.

Regards, Daniel =)
    Last edited by dante696; August 19th, 2017 at 04:09 PM. Reason: merged

Disable serverchat ?

Hello there, is it possible to disable the Server Chat for some Server Groups ?

I mean the Channel where stays, User X went in channel Y. User X left the Server.
    Last edited by dante696; September 6th, 2018 at 09:40 PM. Reason: merged

Maybe if the users are in non-subscribed channels which other can't see
    example: USER Alpha is in a lobby channel and he can't see if someone left or joined the channel/server
    but: USER Gamma is in a subscribed channel and can see if someone left/joined his channel (he can only see the subscribed channels)

But in generel: it's not possible

How can i turn off notifications from server side?

Hello

As the title says, i'm referring to when someone changes channel, it appears on the server tab for example "<02:05:24> "TeamSpeakUser" switched from channel "X" to "Y""
    This is kinda annoying specially because in my server i have some "invisible" channels, where only ppl with "x" subscribe/join power can see who is in those channels, but if they go to the server tab it displays <02:05:24> "TeamSpeakUser" switched from channel "X" to "invisible channel", so having the ability to hide who's in those channels is not very effective.
    I've gone through all the permissions i could think of, but didn't find a solution.
    Can anyone one tell me if this is possible to do?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by dante696; January 14th, 2019 at 07:58 AM. Reason: merged

These notifications are client settings and only can be turned of when a user deactivates them in his own client under Tools -> Options -> Notifications. The server has no way to turn these off.

Hint: Change notification settings can differ for every sound pack. Make sure the right sound pack is selected on top.

Thread Information