Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Channel Join Power Permissions

Hi,

Before you read I'd just like to say that i've looked all over the internet and tried almost everything but still no success.

My teamspeak server has 3 different types of groups

Group A (Staff

Group B

Group C

and normal users aka guests/registered members

I wanted to make it so that Group A has access to all channels, no matter if there is a password or not.

For Group B I wanted to make it so that that group only has access to a set of channels

For Group C I wanted to make it so that this group only has access to a different set of channels

For regular users I wanted to make it so that they have access to some public channels and help rooms.

Now I am honestly confused because I want to make the channels for group A therefore I put the join power required at 40. Then I give those groups Access power of 40 too. Yet they aren't able to join the channel. Or if they are able to join it, other people with a lower power are able to join it too.

Is it possible to make it so that its based upon server groups to join channels without having to assign channel groups?

Group A is simply a server group (since they shall have access to every channel anyway) that has some permissions such as b_channel_join_ignore_password allowing them to join password protected channels.
    Groups B and C must be channel groups, in fact a single channel group is enough for both, see over here

Regular users can probably be done as a server group as long as they all have access to the same. Just make sure that other channels they shall not be able to access have a higher i_channel_needed_join_power than the regular users have i_channel_join_power and that the i_channel_needed_join_power is lower than the one required for the channels of B/C (as otherwise they'd be able to join those channels restricted to B/C as well).
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information