Forum

Suggestion on how to procede with this idea

Hi everybody!
    I want to make 2 "listeners".

First Listener:
    - When a user enter the server, it checks if this user doesn't have any group other than GUEST, in that case it sends a message to 1 or more connected users.

Second Listener:
    - Check if there are News on a specific website, in that case it sends a message on the Global Server Chat

I'm not asking for the code, i can code it myself with C/C++, but i don't know how to start, i mean, i've found the SDK but it was built to allows someone else to develop an Application and Integrate a Client/Server Architecture like TS, the Plugin SDK is for Client Only (if i've understood its purposes) and i think that my needs are Server side.

My server runs on FreeBSD, but my developing machine runs on Fedora 23 workstation (i've uninstalled VS 2015 and i can't reinstall it again).

Thx for your help,

Stefano

The first thing can be done using the JTS3ServerMod, function ServerGroupNotify:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/5...Mute-Welcome-)

Thx for the reply!

It's closed source so i cannot view the code to "inspire" my work, maybe i should contact the author to ask him some advices...

Quote Originally Posted by famastefano View Post
    It's closed source so i cannot view the code to "inspire" my work, maybe i should contact the author to ask him some advices...
    That would be me.

Use the query interface of the TS3 server, login as admin, register for the server events: servernotifyregister event=server
    Then you get such a line for every connecting client:
    Code:
    notifycliententerview cfid=0 ctid=1 reasonid=0 clid=3 client_unique_identifier=mDbHRXfDPG7R17Gv5PoahMwaZW1= client_nickname=Stefan1200 client_input_muted=0 client_output_muted=0 client_outputonly_muted=0 client_input_hardware=1 client_output_hardware=1 client_meta_data client_is_recording=0 client_database_id=2 client_channel_group_id=8 client_servergroups=6 client_away=0 client_away_message client_type=0 client_flag_avatar client_talk_power=75 client_talk_request=0 client_talk_request_msg client_description client_is_talker=0 client_is_priority_speaker=0 client_unread_messages=0 client_nickname_phonetic client_needed_serverquery_view_power=75 client_icon_id=0 client_is_channel_commander=0 client_country client_channel_group_inherited_channel_id=1 client_badges=Overwolf=0
    client_servergroups is the value about the server groups of the client.

Sending chat messages:
    Usage: sendtextmessage targetmode={1-3} target={clientID} msg={text}

Sends a text message a specified target. The type of the target is determined
    by targetmode while target specifies the ID of the recipient.

Example:
    sendtextmessage targetmode=2 target=1 msg=Hello\sWorld!
    error id=0 msg=ok
    Sending poke messages:
    Usage: clientpoke msg={txt} clid={clientID}

Sends a poke message to the client specified with clid.

Example:
    clientpoke msg=Wake\sup! clid=5
    error id=0 msg=ok
    Getting a list of online clients:
    Usage: clientlist [-uid] [-away] [-voice] [-times] [-groups] [-info] [-country]
    [-ip] [-badges]

Displays a list of clients online on a virtual server including their ID,
    nickname, status flags, etc. The output can be modified using several command
    options. Please note that the output will only contain clients which are
    currently in channels you're able to subscribe to.

Example:
    clientlist -away
    clid=5 cid=7 client_database_id=40 client_nickname=ScP client_type=0
    client_away=1 client_away_message=not\shere|clid=6...
    error id=0 msg=ok
    The TS3 query interface is a simple telnet like tcp connection (test it with Putty, mode raw), by default listening on port 10011. In messages use \s as space character and \n for a new line. This should help you a bit

Thread Information