Forum

Teamspeak Ubuntu - UID is always changing after TS3 Restart!

Hey Guys,
    So i have a really big Problem.
    I have installed TS3 and i need to run it over a runscript.
    but Everytime i go onto a server where i have a Rank i dont have it anymore cause the UID is always Changing. can someone please help me out?

Server UID or your client identity?
    in case of the latter, it seems your client doesn't have permissions to write/read ~/.ts3client or you're deleting that directory. Since you mentioned scripts do you mean the one provided or your own that runs on startup or in any other automated fashion? If so make sure you're running it (and thus the client) as the correct user.

In case of the former, it also indicates a problem with file permissions but this time on the server side. Make sure the server runs as the correct user (not root) and owns the directory (and all its subdirectories and files) and has write permission to all files and folders in its installation folder.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

i mean the client uid. everytime i join my friends server i lose my rank cause of that :/. how can i give permissions to teamspeak? i run it over the given ts3client_runscript.sh

have you tried other servers? Maybe your permission gets revoked, the server reset, or the group you have is temporary.

Try this:
    Connect to your friends server, ask them to give you your permissions back should you not have them.
    Disconnect from the server (Ctrl + D or click Connections -> Disconnect from current).
    Do NOT close the client, nor shutdown your system.
    Wait a while and then reconnect to your friends server.

Do you still have permissions?
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    have you tried other servers? Maybe your permission gets revoked, the server reset, or the group you have is temporary.

Try this:
    Connect to your friends server, ask them to give you your permissions back should you not have them.
    Disconnect from the server (Ctrl + D or click Connections -> Disconnect from current).
    Do NOT close the client, nor shutdown your system.
    Wait a while and then reconnect to your friends server.

Do you still have permissions?
    Yes. only if i restart Teamspeak or my PC. if i disconnect and reconnect i still have the same UID.

Thread Information