Forum

Could not load "ts3soundbackend_isSupported" from backend dynamic library

I used standard library function to spawn new team speak connection:

Code:
    err = ts3client_initClientLib(&callbacks, NULL, 1, "D:/tslog/2", "D:/UNREAL/ServerManager/TeamSpeak3/")
    But got 'undefined error' and in log i see this:

> 2016-07-25 07:31:21.023788|ERROR |SoundBckndIntf| |Could not load "ts3soundbackend_isSupported" from backend dynamic library

Whats wrong?

Which SDK version are we talking about?
    Do the specified paths exist?
    Have you tried using Windows style directory separators?
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

We're looking this, meanwhile, to speed things up for you, could you try if using the soundbackends folder from the generic sdk download (http://www.teamspeak.com/downloads#sdk -> TeamSpeak 3 SDK 3.0.3.2 instead of the one provided with the Unreal SDK download fixes this?

Quote Originally Posted by thorwe View Post
    We're looking this, meanwhile, to speed things up for you, could you try if using the soundbackends folder from the generic sdk download (http://www.teamspeak.com/downloads#sdk -> TeamSpeak 3 SDK 3.0.3.2 instead of the one provided with the Unreal SDK download fixes this?
    Thanks a lot! I just used wrong folder...
    But I have another problem. Can you help with this? http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...rtConnection-) (last post)

Hi broly,
    the thing is, for the error message found here and in the logs about the sound backend (Could not load "ts3soundbackend_isSupported" from backend dynamic library) indicates the backend was indeed found and loaded - but wasn't in the expected form (exported function not found).

At this point the path and resulting file name have passed a couple of checks that would/should've reported different errors like "Did not load any sound backends. No (usable) dynamic libraries found." or "Could not find soundbackends folder. No sound backends loaded".

When it's reaching the isSupported part, the client lib is already trying to load a dll which also afaict should exist.
    Hence, if it's still reporting the same error, I'd stick with the previous recommendation for now, and potentially even extend it to the client library's bin, include and lib:
    Given that the error doesn't fit to a wrong path, I've done a quick check. The files differ on the general purpose sdk download and the unreal download one - and I wouldn't be aware of an intended silent update on those for the unreal sdk. In conclusion I suspect a newer or older improper clientlib and/or soundbackend snapshot slipped in this zip as part of it's escape plan to freedom... Unfortunately I cannot (semi-)confirm this right now for you by testing the general purpose sdk's version against the unreal sdk since as a mere general purpose C++ guy, I haven't yet even installed Unreal, let alone the slightest clue about it. That's why I was hoping we could take that shortcut of you trying that if you don't mind

Thread Information