Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[client] processCommand not called for active plugin

I have this situation:
    In my plugins directory are two plugins with the same commandKeyword, one is active, the other is not activated.

Now if I try to execute a command, the client does not call the processCommand callback of the active one. I get the error "Invalid command or missing parameters". If I delete the lib of the non-active plugin, all works fine.

Don't know what the client should do, if there are two active plugins with the same commandKeyword (and I didn't test this situation), but if there is an active plugin, it should be called.

Happens at least on linux amd64.

Well, generally speaking, thou shalt not create plugins with identical command keywords.
    However, I'm getting the scent this has rather sth. to do with pyTSon, doesn't it?
    My least restrictive idea for handling the case of both being enabled would be to change keyword to a list by priority, decide by that - if it's on the same position deny both.
    That'd probably happen independent of the enabled state of plugins to have consistency on runtime.

Quote Originally Posted by thorwe View Post
    Well, generally speaking, thou shalt not create plugins with identical command keywords.
    Of course, you should't.

However, I'm getting the scent this has rather sth. to do with pyTSon, doesn't it?
    Well, I ran into this while testing pyTSon, yes. But it does have nothing to do with the internals of it. I guess it can happen with the test plugin compiled into two versions of it.

My least restrictive idea for handling the case of both being enabled would be to change keyword to a list by priority, decide by that - if it's on the same position deny both.
    That'd probably happen independent of the enabled state of plugins to have consistency on runtime.
    I don't know if it is necessary to even care about it (the user got the responsibility to care about equal commandKeywords).
    My point was the situation, if only one of them is active. In fact, it took me some time to find out, why the **** processCommand is not called

Thread Information