Forum

TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.13.8 released

We're pleased to announce that Server Version 3.0.13.2 is now available.

Aside the usual bug fixes, the server now supports IPv6 and binding to multiple IP addresses. In addition clients connecting to any available address is now properly supported when bound to all addresses (the default).
    We've also enabled the tcp_nodelay option on the query interface, to reduce latency of the query interface.

You can discuss and provide feedback regarding this release by clicking here.

Full changelog below:
    Code:
    === Server Release 3.0.13  1 august 2016
     + ipv6 support
     + improved database performance
     + improved snapshot create/deploy performance
     + Enable "tcp_nodelay" option for server query (less latency)
     + bindinglist command now has a new parameter "subsystem"
     - file transfer now only accepts connections from ip addresses that have started an upload / 
       download. There is a reserve of 20 slots that are allowed to connect even though that particular
       ip address did not start an upload/download. This is to support exotic client routing
       configurations like tcp load balancers.
     - fixed incorrect filetransfer port reported in instanceinfo
     - binding voice to the any address (0.0.0.0 / 0::0), which is the default behaviour of the server,
       now supports clients connecting to all addresses instead of just the default ip of the network
       interface.
     - fixed assertion in puzzle feature (Thanks to Schlumpi for helping us find this)
     - fixed virtual server log and bindinglist for voice showing multiple senseless bindings
     * file transfer now only allows an idle time of 2 seconds after connect
     * new file transfer implementation
     * updated sqlite to 3.11.1
     * sqlite db now uses WAL as journal mode
     ! the new file transfer routines on unix systems now depend on async io (aio*) routines. For
       freebsd this probably means you need to load the aio kernel module using 'kldload aio'
     ! for server query users: ftinitupload/download replies may now omit the ip parameter. If it is
       omitted, it means the transfer should be started on the same ip that was currently used by the
       server query ip.
     ! for ftinitupload/download there is now an optional "proto" parameter. See the server query manual
       for more info.
    Last edited by Chris; August 15th, 2016 at 06:49 PM.

We've just released a new Hotfix version 3.0.13.3, that fixes several vulnerabilities that were discovered in the 3.0.13 release.
    We strongly advise to update your servers as soon as possible.

Download available here

Code:
    === Server Release 3.0.13.3  19 august 2016
     - fixed a problem where virtual servers refuse to start due to invalid flags or order
     - fixed a crash in fix crash on servergroupautodelperm / servergroupautoaddperm

=== Server Release 3.0.13.2  15 august 2016
     - fixed a crash introduced in 3.0.13.1
     - fixed a deadlock in the server causing some instances to hang / be unresponsive
     - fixed a crash reported by a customer.

=== Server Release 3.0.13.1  15 august 2016
     - fixed several vulnerabilities.
    Last edited by dante696; September 5th, 2016 at 03:54 PM. Reason: added changelog for 3.0.13.3 without bumping the thread
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Server 3.0.13.4 was released and will fix the issue that IPv6 caused with MariaDB.
    Please read the changelog carefully in case you update your server to 3.0.13.4.

Downloads are available here

Code:
    === Server Release 3.0.13.4  7 september 2016
     + "Error opening file: No such file or directory" message now includes filename
     - Fixed server crash when ipv6 client connects while using MariaDB (or MySQL) server
     - Database plugins are now checked more thoroughly at server startup
     ! To fix the problem with MariaDB, the server needs to alter columns in the client and bindings
       table. For large databases, this can take a while. It is recommended that all ts3servers that use
       the same database, are stopped and then one new ts3server is started first which does the update.
       After this, the other instances can be started too.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Server 3.0.13.5 was released earlier today and fixes a bug that could cause the server to hang on file transfer initialization, and removes some unnecessary logging.

Code:
    === Server Release 3.0.13.5  24 october 2016
     - not logging received packets with 0 bytes any more
     - fixed ftinitdownload/ftinitupload can hang on server query
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Server 3.0.13.6 was released today.
    This version includes a bugfix where user did timeout and nobody could reconnect again. (Thanks to Bent82 & TopMax)
    The TSDNS server now listens to IPv4 and IPv6 on all operation systems. (Thank you numma_cway)

Code:
    === Server Release 3.0.13.6  9 november 2016
     - Fixed virtual server stops responding to clients
     - TSDNS server now also listens on ipv6 when available
     * TSDNS server Documentation updated
    Server 3.0.13.6 can be downloaded here.

You can discuss and provide feedback here.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Server 3.0.13.7 is now available.

We fixed a critical crash and added other minor fixes.

Code:
    === Server Release 3.0.13.7  10 july 2017
     - Fixed server query clients now honor name bans
     - Fixed assert when client sends oversized voice packets
     - Fixed crash when deleting channel without correct file permissions
     - Fixed permissions issue when creating channels

Server 3.0.13.7 can be downloaded here.

Server 3.0.13.8 is now available.

We fixed a possible crash where the server could fill the RAM completely per ServerQuery and removed the ability to connect to the server without a nickname.

Code:
    === Server Release 3.0.13.8  19 july 2017
     + Server Query connections now have a combined maximum buffer size. When this limit is exceeded,
       the connection using the most memory is closed. The buffer size is controlled by the command
       line variable "query_buffer_mb". The default is 20, which means the maximum amount of buffered
       data is 20 megabyte. The minimum is 1 megabyte. Make sure to only enter positive integer numbers
       here.
     * Connecting to the server query port, now counts as 1 command, with regard to flood protection.
     - Fix client able to connect with no nickname

Server 3.0.13.8 can be downloaded here.

Last edited by dante696; July 19th, 2017 at 04:46 PM. Reason: fixed changelog typo

Thread Information