Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Block Poke / Private message to single channel.

I have a channel that I have set the permission of needed Private Textmessage Power to 75 and Needed Client Poke Power to 75. I thought this would keep anyone from poking folks or messaging them while in that channel, but when they are not in that channel they could get those. I had this setup on another channel that was working and I went to test it on the older channel and pokes and messages are now coming through on that channel also. I am not sure when it last worked, but I know it did at one time. Did something change with an update? Also any suggestions on how to get this working again would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Set i_client_needed_poke_power and i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power of 99999 as a channel permission.

But this will only work, when your user or their group has no Skip flag on these permissions or b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions enabled.
    This would need you to add both permissions as a channel-client permission.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thank you for the reply! I will give this a try. Just out of curiosity, why does it have to be so high? Is that something new with one of the updates? I would think if someone has poke power of 50 and you set needed poke to 51 they could not poke someone in that channel and same with private message.

Thank you

999999 was just to make sure
    You could also use 51 or 76 needed poke power depending on your permission setup.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

it doesn't have to. Any value higher than what anyone on the server has for poke / private message power is enough. In most cases 80 is sufficient.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thank you! Looks like since I am server admin I had the skip flag so people can poke me but not others.

Thanks again!

Unpokeable channel?

Would it be possible to make it so clients in a certain channel are not allowed to be poked etc. or in general temporarily change the permissions of clients in a certain channel
    Last edited by dante696; August 10th, 2016 at 08:38 AM. Reason: merged, see post #2

Poke permission Probelm

I'm trying to make it so in a current channel, you can't poke anyone and it's not working

I made it so client poke power and need poke power higher but nothing

I also don't have the b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions enabled

Please help!
    Last edited by dante696; August 23rd, 2016 at 10:35 AM. Reason: merged

Block Poke for Server Admin in a single channel

I am looking for ideas on how I can block pokes and private messages for a server admin in a single channel without removing the skip flag. I am not sure what the best approach for this would be and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Last edited by dante696; August 23rd, 2016 at 09:07 AM. Reason: merged

Try channel permissions.

Thank you, but as stated in the original post the skip flag is on for the SA group and I don't want that removed.

Only possible with client channel permissions. They cannot be skipped.

Yes, the client channel permissions are set to block, and are blocked for everyone but the server admin. With the server admin group the permissions are skipped for channel permissions. I am looking for a way to allow certain permission like this to not be skipped.

Needed client poke power not transfered

I am trying to setup channel, that will give all its clients high "needed poke power"

Name:  image.png
Views: 164
Size:  101.8 KB

On the right side, I have user "Zereges" in "TestRoomka" which has 50 needed poke power, but it is not transfered down into "All" for some unknown reason.

Can someone help me resolve this issue?
    Last edited by dante696; July 25th, 2019 at 07:36 AM. Reason: merged

Ok, I found out that this is due to "b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions". Is there a way to set this thing up and not remove this permission (since removing b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions breaks quite a few things, like needed channel delete power and so)?

Thread Information