Forum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm not sure why those companies would have issues mitigating those attacks.

I curently have a dedicated box with OVH and we have received the same attacks as you:

Random src port
    Random src ip
    Teamspeak dst port
    Teamspeak dst ip

They had no issue mitigating the attacks and we experienced very little to no latency increase with no reported user issues. This is also with no configuration of any firewall rules in the OVH panel. I believe their gaming server packages offer different DDOS protection (ie. Layer 7 protection) over their standard dedicated server packages and they list Teamspeak as one of their officially supported applications.

You may have tried this same solution, I am just giving you my personal experience with this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by H3LLFIRE View Post
    I'm not sure why those companies would have issues mitigating those attacks.

I curently have a dedicated box with OVH and we have received the same attacks as you:

Random src port
    Random src ip
    Teamspeak dst port
    Teamspeak dst ip

They had no issue mitigating the attacks and we experienced very little to no latency increase with no reported user issues. This is also with no configuration of any firewall rules in the OVH panel. I believe their gaming server packages offer different DDOS protection (ie. Layer 7 protection) over their standard dedicated server packages and they list Teamspeak as one of their officially supported applications.

You may have tried this same solution, I am just giving you my personal experience with this issue.
    This is not the same attack as me and this is how DDoS Protection works, always people have different issues and different experiences, so yes I understand, but in my case, it is different.

Damn, I'm really happy now.

My current host HyperFilter has solved the DDoS Attack problems I had before, with their new TeamSpeak 3 protection system and they've told me you've been of great collaboration on all this.

All I can say is Thank You, TeamSpeak 3 team !

@mods You can have this thread closed if you want.

TS is very susceptible to ddos attack. Only 100k packets/sec completely shutdown TS server. This is worse than any game server that i hosting. I no more paid nonsense money for this.

Good idea

Quote Originally Posted by master3395 View Post
    Hello, i've got a website running, with cloudflare. And that has removed all the DDoS i got on my site before.
    But on TS3, there's no support for using cloudflare.
    I recommend a way to add eather cloudflare or any other anti DDoS services.
    Because the server i'm on get's DDoSed daily.
    Currently there's around 60 - 80 people on the server daily and it's max is 512.

This could be a good idea to include in the new version of the team speak in future.

That is not technically possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Spa y jacuzzi View Post
    This could be a good idea to include in the new version of the team speak in future.
    What you can do is to make it harder to find your TS IP. If you hide your IP behind an TS url,you can hide this IP with cloudflare by using their nameservers for the TS URL.

This just makes it harder sadly but not impossible to get your real TS IP over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by mazeman View Post
    What you can do is to make it harder to find your TS IP. If you hide your IP behind an TS url,you can hide this IP with cloudflare by using their nameservers for the TS URL.

This just makes it harder sadly but not impossible to get your real TS IP over the internet.
    put a url, to make it easier to remember is perfect, but to protect yourself? just ping your url, gets ip

Quote Originally Posted by skorpe View Post
    put a url, to make it easier to remember is perfect, but to protect yourself? just ping your url, gets ip
    This is not true when nicknames, SRV, TSDNS or SRV TSDNS are used. That does keep a few kiddies away, but yeah, it won't help against anyone with at least a minimum of computer knowledge.

This is not a solution but for the stupid DDOS BM is work 😂 use Cloudflare (free) and setup with your Domain and your ip now is safe. There are a metod to risolve the domain in your real ip but for the most stupid people work 👌

Another option is to get some ddos protected vps from providers with a decent ddos protection and use them as a reverse proxy. Then you can secure the servers and add some filtering on their side.

Teamspeak about ddos ​​attacks

Hello

Can Teamspeak develop such a system against ddos ​​attacks?

for example, If there is a ddos ​​attack on the teamspeak server If packet loss is 5 or more Can the server automatically redirect the DNS to the 2.ip address?

E.G : 1.1.1.1 ts3.xxx.com During the attack 2.2.2.2 ts3.xxx.com Could it be in shape?
    Last edited by dante696; October 9th, 2019 at 09:03 PM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by heartles39 View Post
    Hello

Can Teamspeak develop such a system against ddos ​​attacks?

for example, If there is a ddos ​​attack on the teamspeak server If packet loss is 5 or more Can the server automatically redirect the DNS to the 2.ip address?

E.G : 1.1.1.1 ts3.xxx.com During the attack 2.2.2.2 ts3.xxx.com Could it be in shape?
    TeamSpeak server software doesn't have anything to do with "dos" protection, it's all up to you or rather your server network provider. Also DNS has nothing to do with it... You should figure out what dos is first here.

OVH GAME, what attention is different from the normal OVH, has specific protocols for TeamSpeak, you can only take dedicated but ... but some retailers also offer VPS as extraVM

I think DDoS Protection has nothing to do with TeamSpeak it self. It depents on the Server where TeamSpeak is running and not TeamSpeak it self.

Thread Information