Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: Question on RAM

Question Question on RAM

Hello,

I am wondering is there any sort of table showing how many slots a server with x amount of ram can run? I currently have 512 mb of ram and I'm wondering if I can run 2 128 slot servers?

Thanks
    Harry

How many users do you think your going to have? Two 128 servers is kind of pushing it.

If you don't provide the OS, noone will be able to help you. On Windows Server 2008, the OS will not even boot with 512 MB RAM. On Linux, especially x86, this will be enough if the server doesn't run any other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by HCStrike View Post
    Hello,

I am wondering is there any sort of table showing how many slots a server with x amount of ram can run? I currently have 512 mb of ram and I'm wondering if I can run 2 128 slot servers?

Thanks
    Harry
    My personal TS3 instance is currently running in a VM. Right now, there are around 150 people online and the server is consuming less than 200 megs of RAM. I guess you should be fine as long as the box is dedicated to the TeamSpeak 3 Server.

On Linux x86 memory consumption is quite low, TS3 likely will love to hog cpu on crowded server instead.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    If you don't provide the OS, noone will be able to help you. On Windows Server 2008, the OS will not even boot with 512 MB RAM. On Linux, especially x86, this will be enough if the server doesn't run any other stuff.
    You are wrong. 512mb ram works just fine with windows servers 2008. I have hundreds of customers as hosting provider. Teamspeak3 itself uses very little resources as server. You are more than ok with having 2x128 on 512mb windows. Linux will do fine as well.

I meant without using pagefile.sys as your primary memory.

Thread Information