Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It means that it's nothing we can do to fix it, because it's not our mistake.
    Some other application on your system is forcefully injecting their (buggy) code into our process (and quite possibly every other process) when it starts. It then fails to handle things properly, causing the entire application it was loaded into to be terminated.
    To fix it you need to uninstall whatever software brought that file with it and is force injecting it into every process. Afterwards you should reboot your system and applications should start to work properly again (provided that the file is no longer being injected into programs).

Given the name of the dll, I'd look for software from Lavasoft on your system and remove that.
    I have deleted it manually and now it works

Quote Originally Posted by Dorde View Post
    what does it mean?
    It means that in the past lavasoft web companion ad-ware was installed on your system. Most likely when some shareware program was installed.
    This is a program that injects it self (thought code in the file LavasoftTcpService64.dll ) into many processes that connect to webservers. Regrettably, there is a bug in this LavasoftTcpService64.dll file which, because it injected itself into our client, crashes our client. This is now more apparent because of some changes we did in the network layer of the client.

In almost all cases this web companion software is considered an annoyance at best, spyware at worst. It also crashes a lot of other programs, as google will tell you. Your best course of action is to remove this software from your computer. Reportedly this is not always as simple are uninstalling it. We suggest using google to find helpful tips on how to remove this.

If I remember correctly, lavasoft web companion is being installed as additional component with the k-lite codec pack, a popular collection of audio and video codecs. If you don't pay attention and don't expicitly deactivate it, you install it along with the codecs.

My recommendation: deinstall as soon as possible. And with all shareware/freeware that comes with additional toolbars and other adware: always deactivate all but the desired content you wanted to install in the first place. If you wanted to install a codec, only install the codec. If you wanted to install some app, only install the app. Never, NEVER install the additional "also recommended" software that is added to the installer. It's junk. Always. You don't need it.

package_installer_xx.qm - not loaded #28

need chmod +x ts3client_runscript.sh

Hello,

i have a Bug with the newest Beta Client.

As soon as i dont start the TS3Client with admin rights the client opens and opens again until the max duplicate connections are on max.

Autoconnect on teamspeak "abc" if it gets started is enabled

*edit*

Disabled autoconnect and the client reacts the same it opens and opens again and again...

as soon as i close one window it stops

System is: Windows 10 64bit

Client: 3.1
    Qt Version: 5.6.1

*edit*

seems after the update the ts3 client process stucked - found it out after i tried to wipe all teamspeak things from the system.

regards

Shadow86
    Last edited by Shadow86; August 26th, 2016 at 06:51 PM. Reason: added some aditinal informations

Just a small info for Archlinux users.
    If you're testing the client and cannot login with myTeamspeak check if the client log states: certificate verify failed

The reason is: libcrypto.so.1.0.0 contains a path to a wrong ca-store.
    Easiest solution is to simply delete this file and use the one that is part of the system's distribution.

Library requires: /usr/lib/ssl/cert.pem
    In Arch it is: /etc/ssl/cert.pem

I'm not sure if that can be fixed so easily, cause it seems to be compiled into that library.

@Obbi89 better to use symlink

No.
    I don't want to modify my system just to get TeamSpeak running.
    You wouldn't create folders/files in (for example) system32 to fix TeamSpeak either.

I know there is a problem with versions of libraries, but I still think it's stupid that TeamSpeak ships all dependencies...

It is the cancer of modern software development.
    Just look at npm etc. it's a mess and a hellhole to keep stuff up to date.
    Especially if there are security considerations

Download Link for Beta Client?

https://community.teamspeak.com/u/brady_the/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokra View Post
    Download Link for Beta Client?
    There is no download link. You need to subscribe to the Beta branch. Settings -> Options -> Application -> Update Channel. Switch from Stable to Beta. Hit OK, and check for an update (Help -> Check for Update.).

With that said, is anyone else experiencing problems with synchronized bookmarks in folders? I lost sync earlier for a couple of hours, and after regaining connection to my myTeamSpeak account all of my bookmarks are unsorted now, instead of being located in their respective folders.

If you don't know how to install a beta, you are not supposed to install it. Betas aren't for everyone but people with some computer knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpi View Post
    If I remember correctly, lavasoft web companion is being installed as additional component with the k-lite codec pack, a popular collection of audio and video codecs. If you don't pay attention and don't expicitly deactivate it, you install it along with the codecs.

My recommendation: deinstall as soon as possible. And with all shareware/freeware that comes with additional toolbars and other adware: always deactivate all but the desired content you wanted to install in the first place. If you wanted to install a codec, only install the codec. If you wanted to install some app, only install the app. Never, NEVER install the additional "also recommended" software that is added to the installer. It's junk. Always. You don't need it.
    Back in the days when software was freeware and did not install adware.
    tfw you're browsing your mobile phone's appstore and every free app, no matter how basic, has ads and/or in-app purchases.
    With the most recent Firefox update, you can only install the addons they offer, not the ones you find on the web. From now on, you need Firefox jailbreaks and the only one I found didn't work. What is wrong with the world?

pluginsdk_3.1.zip final?

Hello,

is the released pluginsdk_3.1.zip final?

Best regards,
    Gabbajoe

- Don't print server IP in servertab when connecting.
    Why? The IP of the server you are connecting to is nothing secret.

Quote Originally Posted by fspower View Post
    In this thread we discussed it and here is the reason:

Quote Originally Posted by TehKittenCat View Post
    Why is new version showing IP address of a server it's connecting to? Previously, if the client was connecting using domain, only the domain name was shown in general chat tab and since you hid server's IP from server information window it makes no sense to show it (if one would really want to know it then there's a client log).
    I know it's just a detail but it kind of saved my machine from DDoS'es as many of annoying "we're closing this server, please connect to our new address: example.com" guys didn't know they're making an attack againts different machine that they intended (TSDNS FTW).
    And I totally agree with him. A DDoS attack is a kid attack, it's easy to do and it requires absolutely no skill. The most of these attacks are directed against my TSDNS server because the DDoS kiddies don't know how to find the Teamspeak real address so they use the TSDNS address to launch the attack which is not a big deal because TSDNS runs alone on its own machine.
    Of course you can find the IP in the Teamspeak client (if you are not stupid) and you can also find it if you know how to use your operating system but we don't want to have it too exposed to avoid a part of these angry kids attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Obbi89 View Post
    I know there is a problem with versions of libraries, but I still think it's stupid that TeamSpeak ships all dependencies...
    Well, if we don't bundle them, people will run into version issues.
    The best solution would probably be to delete the bundled library and install the required one via your system.
    apt-get to the rescue...

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbajoe View Post
    is the released pluginsdk_3.1.zip final?
    Hopefully yes, but we cannot guarantee it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by fspower View Post
    See this feedback.

Thread Information