Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    I think there should be an option for showing or not showing badges in the client just like the option for showing not showing overwolf icon. Would suggest adding "EnableBadgeIcons" setting to the application table and the needed code to update it in the settings window (I would put the checkbox right above or below the overwolf option if up to me) and the code to respect it when building the icon objects for the client data.

https://community.teamspeak.com/u/brady_the/
    This bug is a rather strange one, and was most likely introduced with one of the 3.1 Beta updates. Most likely because I am fairly certain that I did not experience this beforehand.

I usually connect to my default TeamSpeak servers via shortcut ("P:/TeamSpeak 3 Client/ts3client_win32.exe" "ts3server://"). When I do that, however, somehow TeamSpeak sets a non-existing Hotkey profile as default. This doesn't affect Capture Profile, Playback Profile, or Sound Pack.

This does only seem to happen when I connect to "dedicated" servers (3 out of 3) via shortcuts. Connecting to a local server works as expected. Starting the client via the tsclient exe and connecting via bookmarks works as expected as well.

I probably would set this bug (if it is one) with a Low or Trivial priority due to its rather insignificant QoL nature. I mainly want to bring this to you guys attention, and maybe get pointed towards a potential solution.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-2.png 
Views:	316 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	14556

I did reproduce this with a simple invite URL.
    Thanks for reporting this!
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

No idea how this left unnoticed, but...

If you switch to Russian translate - English one will be translated as 'Русский' (Russian) instead of English.
    Result: you have 2 russian translates, but one is english.

Name:	Снимок.PNG 
Views:	105 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	14565
    Last edited by KIDINK^; December 6th, 2016 at 01:28 PM.

I think we did not know that this also means Russian and don't use Russian that often

Thank you for reporting this.
    Last edited by dante696; December 2nd, 2016 at 09:13 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Question

What the heck are Badges?! https://www.myteamspeak.com/userarea/badges/redeem And where can i test them?

https://community.teamspeak.com/u/brady_the/
    Quote Originally Posted by seriouz View Post
    What the heck are Badges?! https://www.myteamspeak.com/userarea/badges/redeem And where can i test them?
    Pretty much this:
    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    Over time we'll roll out additional badges for specific actions and performances to myTeamSpeak. Some of them might need to be awarded. Some of them will be just for fun. Let's just say it'll be a surprise.

I'm not sure about badges indicating that a user holds a certain type of license... QA has forwarded the information and it'll be discussed internally.
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    We already have a system behind myTeamSpeak that doesn't allow a fake or using a number twice.

There is no new statement for stand-alone addons and the badge you could get.

All these badges (Hat, informed, bug, printer/scanner) only where added for testing.
    Our management did not decide yet what will happen with these. You can't get them at this moment and maybe they get removed / replaced with different badges.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    How many channels does your server has?

P.s. subscribe all does not subscribe new created channels. That's a wanted behaviour.
    You must use "Toggle Subscribe Mode" to subscribe all + new channels.
    mostly 120 to 200, depending on current time.

Still getting this error in newest BETA: <15:28:00> Ungültige Parametergröße

I have to subscribe to ALL channels by hand, clicking this eg: https://cdn.treudler.net/shared/scre...367e5a5642.png

We still can't reproduce this :/
    Tested on my sync account while server had 315-340 channels and ~650 users
    Also tested on an empty server with 600 channels.

Update
    The error for "invalid parameter size" does not exist in code for channel subscription.

Are you logged in?
    Is the server you are on a synced bookmark?
    Does this happen to other beta 3.1 users?
    Does this happen on any server?
    Is the server running version 3.0.13.x ?
    Could you give me the server address in a private message?
    Last edited by dante696; December 6th, 2016 at 04:20 PM.

Ich kann ein Plugin nicht löschen das nicht kompatibel zu der akuellen Version ist.
    Das plugin wurde über eine .ts3_plugin installiert

Wie man im Anhang sehen kann, kann ich nicht den Deinstallieren Button drücken.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Note:This thread is english only.

This works for me when the plugin was installed with the latest package installer.
    Also works with other outdated plugins from forum.

Name:	clownfish.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	14599

Make sure you have no 2 installation on your system.
    The old package installer still could be registered and used here.

To elaborate a bit on that for the curious, the package installer - starting from 3.1- saves the list of files installed per addon and uses this for deinstallation.
    Opted for that way as sweet spot between potential leftovers and deleting things that shouldn't be deleted.
    A deduction based uninstall would've had to commit to several edge cases causing code bloat.
    Let's take the lua plugin, ok, deleting the library file - no brainer.
    Deleting a folder with plugin_name, but oops, there might be user scripts in that.
    And so forth.
    While there are addon types where deduction would've worked most likely fine, thinking of translations, it's better for maintainability to not have several separated flows if one fits all.

Hence a "keep it simple stupid" file list, just as most application uninstallers work - created by the new package installer.
    If there is no list, as it happens with addons installed by a package installer deployed with a client < 3.1 or if no package installer is used (copy files, zip packages), the uninstall routine doesn't know which files to delete and disables the button. Those files have to be deleted manually, just as it was before 3.1. A deduction based fallback done properly would again have introduced the very code bloat we tried to avoid in the first place. This also automagically fixes itself when installing the addon using the new package installer, e.g. when installing an updated API 21 version of a plugin. - so for this grace period to 3.1, hopefully, it is acceptable the way it is given that it meanwhile doesn't do any harm.

TLDR It's not the plugin API version, it's the package installer version used during installation that causes this.

When I update my TS3 to 3.1 Beta, then my TS crashes, when it have fully updates and installed at every launch. It shows the warning, that the TS-Client can crash, if I have installed Lavasoft Ad-Aware. But I dont have installed Lavasoft Ad-Aware and I never have it installed. I had installed Avast, but I dont have it installed already. Pls help me, I want use the new TS3 Client.

The client does recognize when the DLL (LavasoftTcpService.dll OR LavasoftTcpService64.dll) which causes is hooked in.
    This is the only way to trigger this message.

There must be something using one of these DLLs.

I like it, but ...

I like the new features, but is there no way back to the old version?
    I miss my massmove from the old version. Can anyone help me?

Thread Information