Forum


Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 250
  1. #76
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Essen - NRW - Germany
    Posts
    26
    just a litle bit of offtopic here, but is it right, that the accounting server is not reachable via ipv6?

    I'm in the middle of a server change and the ipv4 subnet i got is routed to the old server untill all servers are up and running. So the Teamspeak Server on the (at the moment) ipv6 only server is shutting down after some time, because it can't connect to the accounting server.

    Will this be fixed soon, or do you don't bother because most of the time it's dualstack with ipv4 and ipv6?

  2. #77
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,527
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPuma View Post
    Did you also forward my other report? It got buried in new posts very fast
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...379#post434379
    Noted.


  3. #78
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    > challenge response mechanism like in the Fritz!Box routers
    I don't know this particular implementation in Fritz Boxes (don't have one). Mind to explain that a bit more?
    It's explained here: https://avm.de/fileadmin/user_upload...Session_ID.pdf

    As far as I understand, it uses a server-provided string (the challenge) as salt to the hash generation instead of some fixed salt. The challenge is dynamically generated for each request. The mechanism is used to prevent cross site forgery attacks.

    To be honest, I don't know if this is really necessary, because I never saw such an approach with other online services. I also did not look too deep on the server side of this mechanism, so I don't know how this could work by storing only hashed data instead of clear text data (the hash you generate from the password client-side is such clear text data, because it can be used like this if stolen).

    If you ask me, a better, more standardized way would probably be 2-factor authorization with Google Authenticator. Yes, I brought the topic up, but after a bit of thought I think that challenge-response mechanism is inferior.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,266
    Quote Originally Posted by kubax View Post
    just a litle bit of offtopic here, but is it right, that the accounting server is not reachable via ipv6?

    I'm in the middle of a server change and the ipv4 subnet i got is routed to the old server untill all servers are up and running. So the Teamspeak Server on the (at the moment) ipv6 only server is shutting down after some time, because it can't connect to the accounting server.

    Will this be fixed soon, or do you don't bother because most of the time it's dualstack with ipv4 and ipv6?
    If the accounting server would accept IPv6 we (I) can not say. But at least there is no AAAA record, so it might be difficult to get the IPv6 by means of DNS query.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    4
    I'm gonna assume TS data backup is stored on server fully encrypted, given recovery key?

    Btw, feature request: prefer ipv4/ipv6 per server selection.
    Reason: IPv6 internet is kinda "splitted" right now. You can read about it here:
    http://www.gossamer-threads.com/list...g/users/186009
    http://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/n...er/082754.html
    https://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/...er/014017.html

    Or summary here: http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/a...grate-to-ipv6/

    Also, some ISPs just started implementing IPv6 and it may be unstable/some parts unavailable or just slow overall. So option to disable (per-server preferably) IPv6 will be great.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,527
    Quote Originally Posted by realix View Post
    I'm gonna assume TS data backup is stored on server fully encrypted, given recovery key?
    Yes, everything will be encrypted/decrypted locally on your devices. We don't have (and don't want) access to your data.

    Quote Originally Posted by realix View Post
    Btw, feature request: prefer ipv4/ipv6 per server selection.
    Reason: IPv6 internet is kinda "splitted" right now.
    Why exactly? I don't see any reason why I should setup two separate servers for IPv4 and IPv6 when the same voice server can support both.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    Why exactly? I don't see any reason why I should setup two separate servers for IPv4 and IPv6 when the same voice server can support both.
    Maybe my english sounded weird.
    I asked for a switch "prefer IPv4"/"Prefer IPv6" somewhere in settings of server bookmark.
    Can be easily achieved by looking up only A (v4) or AAAA (v6) record.
    For example, one of my servers is behind cogent (VPS provider is single-homed), having both A and AAAA records, it will go to AAAA by default (tested on recent TS3 beta). Then my home IPv6 connectivity is single-homed behind HE, so i will not be able to connect to that server.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    June 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,368
    Quote Originally Posted by realix View Post
    Maybe my english sounded weird.
    I asked for a switch "prefer IPv4"/"Prefer IPv6" somewhere in settings of server bookmark.
    Can be easily achieved by looking up only A (v4) or AAAA (v6) record.
    For example, one of my servers is behind cogent (VPS provider is single-homed), having both A and AAAA records, it will go to AAAA by default (tested on recent TS3 beta). Then my home IPv6 connectivity is single-homed behind HE, so i will not be able to connect to that server.
    Backing that. To me it seems that IPv6 is always preferred, isn't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by kubax View Post
    just a litle bit of offtopic here, but is it right, that the accounting server is not reachable via ipv6?

    I'm in the middle of a server change and the ipv4 subnet i got is routed to the old server untill all servers are up and running. So the Teamspeak Server on the (at the moment) ipv6 only server is shutting down after some time, because it can't connect to the accounting server.
    Good catch.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    August 2013
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Backing that. To me it seems that IPv6 is always preferred, isn't it?
    IPv6 is preferred over IPv4 in network stack since Win7, if i recall correctly.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,527
    Quote Originally Posted by realix View Post
    I asked for a switch "prefer IPv4"/"Prefer IPv6" somewhere in settings of server bookmark.
    Now I get it.


  11. #86
    Join Date
    April 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,266
    That's correct a rfc conform implementation of dual stack will always prefer IPv6 if nothing is specified. IPv4 should be the last option a dual stack node tries, first it should try native IPv6, then tunneled IPv6 and if all this fails then it may retreat to you IPv4.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Nuremberg, Bavaria
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebi94 View Post
    It's annoying, if you don't have an IPv6 address and every server join takes just a few seconds longer, because the client tries to connect via IPv6 first and realises, that it's not possible due of an missing IPv6 address.

    Can you please add an option in the settings of the client to dis-/enable IPv6 support, that the client attempts to connect directly via IPv4? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Ehm... No?
    Ehm... Sure!

    Please explain, why it shouldn't be possible to disable IPv6 in such cases.

    Or, if you mean "No, it's not slower": You're wrong. The damn attempt to connect via IPv6 wastes always around 3 seconds of my time, because I don't have any IPv6 WAN address. I know more people, who said the same and agreed with me. They're already waiting for the disable button.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    If your client is configured OS-sided properly and you don't have any IPv6 adress the DNS resolver shouldn't try to get a AAAA record. But I suppose as with many, many IPv6 issues it's a messy configuration with IPv6 beiing in a kind of half configured and half not working state. So the client might have a IPv6 adress but can't reache any host outside the local network via IPv6.
    Yes, usually. The Telekom does only provide an IPv4 address for my router and no IPv6.

    Well... I haven't changed anything of my network adapters, but by default, Windows has IPv4 and IPv6 enabled.

    However: My client tries to connect via IPv6 first, which will always fail due of that fact, that I just don't have any IPv6 address.

    Some *nix systems have also some very strange IPv6 problems, which nobody can explain. The solution for this problem is mostly the same: Disable IPv6 support.

    I can dis-/enable IPv6 everywhere even on the TeamSpeak 3 server, if I want to, but not in the TeamSpeak 3 client? That's a joke, or?

  13. #88
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebi94 View Post
    Ehm... Sure!

    Please explain, why it shouldn't be possible to disable IPv6 in such cases.

    Or, if you mean "No, it's not slower": You're wrong. The damn attempt to connect via IPv6 wastes always around 3 seconds of my time, because I don't have any IPv6 WAN address. I know more people, who said the same and agreed with me. They're already waiting for the disable button.


    Yes, usually. The Telekom does only provide an IPv4 address for my router and no IPv6.

    Well... I haven't changed anything of my network adapters, but by default, Windows has IPv4 and IPv6 enabled.

    However: My client tries to connect via IPv6 first, which will always fail due of that fact, that I just don't have any IPv6 address.

    Some *nix systems have also some very strange IPv6 problems, which nobody can explain. The solution for this problem is mostly the same: Disable IPv6 support.

    I can dis-/enable IPv6 everywhere even on the TeamSpeak 3 server, if I want to, but not in the TeamSpeak 3 client? That's a joke, or?
    I still don't see a valid reason why the user should have the option to enable/disable IP protocols directly in an application. If you've created an AAAA record, you should either enable IPv6 for the TeamSpeak 3 Server or remove that record for the domain you're using to connect.

    Anyway... I agree that the behavior you're describing sounds weird as the client should not try to connect via IPv6 when you don't have IPv6 connectivity. I'll try to reproduce this on my end.

    Can you copy & paste the output of ipconfig /all?

  14. #89
    Join Date
    August 2016
    Posts
    1
    For me checking for update is bugged... It shows an error Anyone else with the same problem?

  15. #90
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Nuremberg, Bavaria
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    If you've created an AAAA record, you should either enable IPv6 for the TeamSpeak 3 Server or remove that record for the domain you're using to connect.
    Mhmm... I can't tell a hoster, that he should remove this record, just because I don't have an IPv6 address.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    Can you copy & paste the output of ipconfig /all?
    Sure. I've attached it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [Discussion] [PreRelease] TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.13 Beta
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: July 26th, 2016, 10:26 PM
  2. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.19.*
    By Justinien in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: July 20th, 2016, 06:42 PM
  3. TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.5 Release Discussion
    By PeterS in forum Archive
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: March 11th, 2012, 09:27 PM
  4. TeamSpeak 3 Client Beta 3.0.5 available
    By dante696 in forum Archive
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: February 16th, 2012, 09:17 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •