Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    It's a hotfix for beta 4. Beta 5 does not exist yet.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...058#post437058
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I've put some additional research into the broken parameters of the plugin callback
    Code:
    ts3plugin_onEditCapturedVoiceDataEvent(uint64 serverConnectionHandlerID, short* samples, int sampleCount, int channels, int* edited);
    When I join the server, that function is called with channels==2 even though I'm in a mono (Opus Voice) channel. When I overwrite the channel parameter with channels=1 and do my usual sound processing (my soundboard plugin adds some music to the microphone samples) it sounds almost right except for some fairly loud noise that is added to the music. I believe this happens because the samples pointer is somehow offset from the actual sample buffer by a small amount, which causes some samples of the actual sample buffer to be unchanged. The constant amount of zero samples in between correct "music" samples then causes the noise that is heard.
    HOWEVER, if I change my current channel to a stereo (Opus Music) one and back again to the previous Mono Channel, EVERYTHING is fine: The function is (for the first time) called with channels==1 and the noise is gone (which makes me believe the samples pointer is now actually valid). The parameter channels then stays 1 forever, changing channels doesn't bring it back to two, even if I join the Opus Music channel again. sampleCount was a constant 960 during the whole test.

The wrong channels parameter isn't a dealbreaker, because you can figure out the number of audio channels by looking at the (teamspeak) channel codec. The broken samples pointer however is because there is no workaround.

Quote Originally Posted by RedPuma View Post
    I've put some additional research into the broken parameters of the plugin callback
    Code:
    ts3plugin_onEditCapturedVoiceDataEvent(uint64 serverConnectionHandlerID, short* samples, int sampleCount, int channels, int* edited);
    When I join the server, that function is called with channels==2 even though I'm in a mono (Opus Voice) channel. When I overwrite the channel parameter with channels=1 and do my usual sound processing (my soundboard plugin adds some music to the microphone samples) it sounds almost right except for some fairly loud noise that is added to the music. I believe this happens because the samples pointer is somehow offset from the actual sample buffer by a small amount, which causes some samples of the actual sample buffer to be unchanged. The constant amount of zero samples in between correct "music" samples then causes the noise that is heard.
    HOWEVER, if I change my current channel to a stereo (Opus Music) one and back again to the previous Mono Channel, EVERYTHING is fine: The function is (for the first time) called with channels==1 and the noise is gone (which makes me believe the samples pointer is now actually valid). The parameter channels then stays 1 forever, changing channels doesn't bring it back to two, even if I join the Opus Music channel again. sampleCount was a constant 960 during the whole test.

The wrong channels parameter isn't a dealbreaker, because you can figure out the number of audio channels by looking at the (teamspeak) channel codec. The broken samples pointer however is because there is no workaround.
    It's already fixed, and you'll get to play around with it in the next beta.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

I think we had this report already. Still, it should be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It's already fixed, and you'll get to play around with it in the next beta.
    Awesome thanks!

Error download beta version 3.1

Hello everyone!

Why I can't download beta version?
    The last month I downloaded it without problem.
    http://prntscr.com/d55og8

Can I download it without update client?

It's a bug. See post 172 for solution.

//Update
    Just run the update again. This should be solved.
    Last edited by dante696; November 11th, 2016 at 03:15 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

I'm curious about the new badges feature in the beta with the codes that you enter and appear to be globally used on TeamSpeak servers.

Code:
    + Added badges system. Redeem a code to receive special badges. Configure which
      of these badges should be shown in the client. See Options / MyTeamSpeak page
    What kind of badges will these be? Would their be one for AAL license holders? ATHP Holders? Or just generic events and such?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    What kind of badges will these be? Would their be one for AAL license holders? ATHP Holders? Or just generic events and such?
    Over time we'll roll out additional badges for specific actions and performances to myTeamSpeak. Some of them might need to be awarded. Some of them will be just for fun. Let's just say it'll be a surprise.

I'm not sure about badges indicating that a user holds a certain type of license... QA has forwarded the information and it'll be discussed internally.

List of Badges

Guess I'll never become a flatbad scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    Over time we'll roll out additional badges for specific actions and performances to myTeamSpeak. Some of them might need to be awarded. Some of them will be just for fun. Let's just say it'll be a surprise.

I'm not sure about badges indicating that a user holds a certain type of license... QA has forwarded the information and it'll be discussed internally.
    Sounds good, looking forward to seeing what's to come!

Thanks for the list, @numma_cway!

But I've a few questions:
    1) First of all: Why or how did I get the "Gamescom 2016" badget?
    2) How can I get the "TeamSpeak Addon Author" badget? By registering as developer over myTeamSpeak? That's what I did a few minutes ago.

1. You did register your MyTeamSpeak account during the Gamescom.
    2. You need to be an approved addon author **(who successfully added an addon on our page)**

**This is not checked yet but will be changed.

Make a "helper" badge for forum posts. Maybe different ranks (bronze, silver, gold).

With the current status of the Developer thingy, you could write a bot that requires people to verify their phone number. Though I don't know if myTeamSpeak insists that they are unique. But that would actually be a good way to combat idiots – if myTeamSpeak was linked to a single UID. I hope that people who only make stand-alone addons get that badge as well, even though stand-alone addons are not supported (yet?).

myTeamSpeak badges refresh from time to time. I don't know which interval. You can log out and log in to update your badges instantly.

BTW, I want that bug hunter badge. And the informed user one.

So I've noticed in one of the recent updates that we've acquired the right to being able to get "Badges", I've looked at the current badges you can get and have my eyes mainly on the "TeamSpeak Addon Author" and I assume the way to go by doing this is by releasing an addon once you've been approved for developer through the "Myteamspeak"? or do I have to go onto the website here and post it somewhere else? If anyone knows some info about this and can answer my question, I'd love it if you could answer me.

Attachment 14495

I also have my eyes on the "Informed User", I would like to know how to go by acquiring this Badge too, I assume it's prob going to be linked to forum posts perhaps? If not then I would like to see know how I acquire it.

Attachment 14496

Thread Information